Fiverr Community Forum

Buyers: please READ what a seller tells you!

Oh my god. I do not understand how some people get through the day alive.

No reservations, no exceptions does not mean reservations for buyers who really, really need it urgently.

I’m fully booked does not mean I have space for you because you messaged me incessantly.

No expedited delivery does not mean since you mismanaged your project timeline and didn’t pay attention to your purchase when you placed an order, I’ll make an exception for you

Hope everyone is having a nice week! I’m going to go scream into a pillow :cowboy_hat_face:

21 Likes

Pillows are good for that. Might I also recommend a side of herbal tea?

1 Like

Brilliant idea actually! I have some chamomile in the cupboard. I’ll get on that :sweat_smile:

I had someone trying to get 24 hours delivery out of me last month and whatever I’d say, the’d just counter with: “But we’ll pay more money”. It took me 15 minutes to shake them off. There is money (and money’s sweet) and there is a concept of time itself, quality, of mental health and all those things.

Not to mention, most buyers with poor time management skills end up being difficult, demanding and utilise my favourite tactic of “we don’t like it, let’s redo everything but stick to the original deadline”.

2 Likes

This is the main reason I don’t work with buyers with super urgent deadlines. I’ve had too many experiences being pushed around, expected to be available 24/7 for last-minute changes, and extremely demanding requirements.

Not to mention… sometimes I just literally, physically, cannot add more work to my queue. There is only so much I can do on a given day.

2 Likes

“A lack of planning on your part does not necessitate an emergency on mine.”
~ Attributed to Bob Carter

2 Likes

This is so true. To any new seller who might be tempted to fall for the line “I need the job done urgently and I will pay you more” - please don’t, unless you are sure what you are getting yourself into. Buyers who want work done at the last minute are often not only disorganised but they often don’t know what they want. They struggle to communicate clearly and are very prone to changing their minds. As a seller you end up working hard, getting stressed, delivering late and thinking it wasn’t worth the effort.

1 Like