Buyer's Reviews Show up On their Profile Now!

epiphanyanimati

From my seller’s perspective, great.

As for my purchases showing up on my seller’s page, I can’t say I like it.

The thing is, when you’re “only” a buyer, people can’t just contact and spam you.
When you’re also a seller too, they can. I hope it won’t lead to more spam, we’ ll see.

For that and other reasons, I’d prefer to be able to have 2 different accounts, one for selling, one for buying, and I also think that would be the better way to handle this.
If I could have gotten a different account for buying, I’d have bought more often and would buy more often.

The thing is, when you’re “only” a buyer, people can’t just contact and spam you.

When you’re also a seller too, they can. I hope it won’t lead to more spam, we’ ll see.

For that and other reasons, I’d prefer to be able to have 2 different accounts, one for selling, one for buying, and I also think that would be the better way to handle this.

If I could have gotten a different account for buying, I’d have bought more often and would buy more often.

I like the idea of being able to vet a buyer. 🙂

I took a little time to go to my recent buyer’s profiles. At first it was to see if my review had shown up. 😊

Then I got interested in seeing what other services they were buying besides mine. :thinking:

Some had purchased services other than mine, others had purchased services the same as what I offer. 😮

Then I noticed that one regular that had disappeared 👻 for a month had “cheated” on me by using someone else’s services that were the same as mine! 🤨

However, just yesterday that regular appeared and gave me a plethora of work, so that is good. ☺️

However, it got me to thinking that, “Hey, if I were a buyer, I would not like my sellers knowing what I buy and whom I buy it from.” 😠

It would be like if I went to the pharmacy to buy my prescription meds and picked up personal items while I was there and then the pharmacy posted on their website what I had purchased. 😱

I think being able to have a buyer account and a seller account, each with its own features is the answer. Otherwise, I foresee fewer reviews. I already lost tips due to the $2 charge on a $5 tip. :roll_eyes:

As a buyer, I’d think it was really creepy that my purchases could be identified by everybody.

Ebay keeps being touted as an example of ‘how to do stuff well’ - buyer identities have been anonymised in the feedback section using asterisks for ages, for good reason.

Ebay keeps being touted as an example of ‘how to do stuff well’ - buyer identities have been anonymised in the feedback section using asterisks for ages, for good reason.

Yep, I see why. At first I thought this was a good change, now I do not. 😳

I’m glad I don’t have recent reviews of me as a buyer to show up on my profile. Not that I’m a bad buyer, just that I value my privacy. People would be thinking “ooo look at who Miss Crystal bought a gig from”. 😳

And what if a seller said something like “she was picky and difficult so hopefully she never buys from me again” and potential buyers of my gigs see that. 😟

I like the idea of being able to vet a buyer. 🙂

I took a little time to go to my recent buyer’s profiles. At first it was to see if my review had shown up. 😊

Then I got interested in seeing what other services they were buying besides mine. :thinking:

Some had purchased services other than mine, others had purchased services the same as what I offer. 😮

Then I noticed that one regular that had disappeared 👻 for a month had “cheated” on me by using someone else’s services that were the same as mine! 🤨

However, just yesterday that regular appeared and gave me a plethora of work, so that is good. ☺️

However, it got me to thinking that, “Hey, if I were a buyer, I would not like my sellers knowing what I buy and whom I buy it from.” 😠

It would be like if I went to the pharmacy to buy my prescription meds and picked up personal items while I was there and then the pharmacy posted on their website what I had purchased. 😱

I think being able to have a buyer account and a seller account, each with its own features is the answer. Otherwise, I foresee fewer reviews. I already lost tips due to the $2 charge on a $5 tip. :roll_eyes:

I did the same thing, looking at what my buyers bought lol

As a buyer, I’d think it was really creepy that my purchases could be identified by everybody.

To be honest, anyone could see your purchases before, if you left a review on the order. If you search fiverr (the username of anyone you want to vet), you can find all of their orders they’ve left a review on. This system just makes vetting a whole lot easier.

I’m glad I don’t have recent reviews of me as a buyer to show up on my profile. Not that I’m a bad buyer, just that I value my privacy. People would be thinking “ooo look at who Miss Crystal bought a gig from”. 😳

And what if a seller said something like “she was picky and difficult so hopefully she never buys from me again” and potential buyers of my gigs see that. 😟

I really think selling and buyer activities/profiles should be clearly separated, best in different accounts.

It’s also not okay to be penalized as a seller with a dropped response rate, when the rate dropped because you didn’t reply to a spammy mail by a seller in an interaction where you were the buyer.

If I’d have had a buyer account and bought on that, the dropped response rate would have been of no consequence for me as a buyer, while as it is, it does have consequences for me as a seller. No logic there.

To be honest, anyone could see your purchases before, if you left a review on the order. If you search fiverr (the username of anyone you want to vet), you can find all of their orders they’ve left a review on. This system just makes vetting a whole lot easier.

This system just makes vetting a whole lot easier.

Vetting buyers before they purchase is a myth. 😉

If you search fiverr (the username of anyone you want to vet), you can find all of their orders they’ve left a review on.

Yep - but so much easier to spy on them when all the info’s in the one place, as beautifully described by @vickiespencer

If you search fiverr (the username of anyone you want to vet), you can find all of their orders they’ve left a review on.

Yep - but so much easier to spy on them when all the info’s in the one place, as beautifully described by @vickiespencer

I have been pleased to be able to see other sellers leaving bad reviews on some of my more difficult buyers 😄

What do you mean? I do it all the time…before I send a quote, I usually look up their username on google search with the word “fiverr.” You can find all the ordes they reviewed.

What do you mean? I do it all the time…before I send a quote, I usually look up their username on google search with the word “fiverr.” You can find all the ordes they reviewed.

I do it all the time…before I send a quote,

Sending a custom quote is different to a buyer coming to the gig and purchasing directly- you’re going looking for buyers via buyer requests etc.?

I do it all the time…before I send a quote,

Sending a custom quote is different to a buyer coming to the gig and purchasing directly- you’re going looking for buyers via buyer requests etc.?

No, usually buyers contact me before they order, I ask them to contact me on my gig. First they let me know about the project details, and then I send a quote. If they have bad reviews after “vetting” them, you can block them from ordering if you want. 😉

It also creates a potential revenge feeling if someone has a seller leave a particularly bad review on a buyer’s profile. It’s there for all the world to see what a jerk that buyer was, and they may feel like it’s unbearable and demands some back alley justice on their part.

So the really bad buyers will only use throw away accounts that they don’t care about.

No, usually buyers contact me before they order, I ask them to contact me on my gig. First they let me know about the project details, and then I send a quote. If they have bad reviews after “vetting” them, you can block them from ordering if you want. 😉

If they have bad reviews after “vetting” them, you can block them from ordering if you want. 😉

But only if you’ve been in conversation with them beforehand as you have.

If they buy your gig directly, as Fiverr was designed, you can’t block, only cancel.

If they have bad reviews after “vetting” them, you can block them from ordering if you want. 😉

If they buy your gig directly, as Fiverr was designed, you can’t block, only cancel.

I’m still not sure about this. If you report someone who has messaged you, does it block them from buying?

I’m still not sure about this. If you report someone who has messaged you, does it block them from buying?

does it block them from buying?

Only if you use the ‘block’ button on their profile I think. 🙂

Yes you’re right. In my case, they almost always contact me

To be honest, anyone could see your purchases before, if you left a review on the order.

That’s right but it’s easy now, you don’t need to go searching or stumble over it.

you can block them from ordering if you want. 😉

OT Block Button

I’ve had the block button for people who only contacted me and not yet ordered, but not anymore.

A few days ago I wanted to block someone who’d contacted me but couldn’t, only the report button, no more block button. It seems to have been rolled back for me, or I had it in early Beta but not now in actual Beta or whatever. Can’t seem to rely on it, either way.

Also, being a seller, I’ve had someone contacting me to ask me about a seller I’ve left a review for - they’d not have been able to ask me if I’d bought on a buyer account, plus, I was forced to reply for the sake of my response rate.

While I wouldn’t mind this display of my purchased goods for everyone to see at one glance as a buyer that much, knowing that nobody could contact me or spam me as an “only” buyer, as a seller/buyer, it’s far from a good system and not very private, especially if the system changes suddenly without you knowing from when on it changes and being able to adapt your “reviewing habits”.

Also, as you’re only allowed one account, even if you’re “only” a buyer, you might not want the sellers you buy gigs from for your business to easily see on your profile what you buy for private use, for instance.

I definitely think there will be less reviews.

In retrospect, when I bought some gigs, I’d not have left reviews for them if this system had been in effect then already. (And I’d have felt bad about it because, as a seller, I know how precious good reviews are.)

To be honest, anyone could see your purchases before, if you left a review on the order.

That’s right but it’s easy now, you don’t need to go searching or stumble over it.

you can block them from ordering if you want. 😉

OT Block Button

I’ve had the block button for people who only contacted me and not yet ordered, but not anymore.

A few days ago I wanted to block someone who’d contacted me but couldn’t, only the report button, no more block button. It seems to have been rolled back for me, or I had it in early Beta but not now in actual Beta or whatever. Can’t seem to rely on it, either way.

Also, being a seller, I’ve had someone contacting me to ask me about a seller I’ve left a review for - they’d not have been able to ask me if I’d bought on a buyer account, plus, I was forced to reply for the sake of my response rate.

While I wouldn’t mind this display of my purchased goods for everyone to see at one glance as a buyer that much, knowing that nobody could contact me or spam me as an “only” buyer, as a seller/buyer, it’s far from a good system and not very private, especially if the system changes suddenly without you knowing from when on it changes and being able to adapt your “reviewing habits”.

Also, as you’re only allowed one account, even if you’re “only” a buyer, you might not want the sellers you buy gigs from for your business to easily see on your profile what you buy for private use, for instance.

I definitely think there will be less reviews.

In retrospect, when I bought some gigs, I’d not have left reviews for them if this system had been in effect then already. (And I’d have felt bad about it because, as a seller, I know how precious good reviews are.)

I can imagine the embarrassment of my buyers having everyone see all the gigs for spells they have purchased. I doubt if they appreciate having that displayed. Or maybe they aren’t bothered by it. I may not leave buyer reviews unless they were truly bad. It would be good if the seller’s names were X’d out.

Archived