Buyers Should give a chance to new sellers [ARCHIVED]

ahsana143

It is important to give a chance to new sellers because every new mind has something special. But most of buyers needs some reviews for guarantee. It is important to think about your work but doesn’t meant that there is no place for a new born.

Try to be humble with new sellers.
What you can get from new sellers.

Less charges for your work
Fast delivery and you can taste new people in the field.
your instructions become the goal for your developers.
They are less experienced but doesn’t meant they can’t work for you .

Agreed. But, buyers prefer to go to so called experienced sellers only to find that they are not so experienced. A Top Rated Seller does not equal experience. There are some good sellers out there but they are hard to find.

New motivated sellers are the key to the growth on Fiverr, but I don’t think Fiverr agrees with that strategy.

You sound like a junior copywriter complaining about making photocopies, driving the boss to the airport, and getting the most boring projects.

You have to prove yourself to get orders, as a new seller, you are a risk, so you have to entice buyers through a great offer. You’ll have to do more for less, specially if you have no reviews.

I earned a TRS in year one. I’ve been with fiverr for more than 5 years. Last year they took away my TRS for making one comment on the forum that had nothing to do with selling. Sometimes you can’t tell the truth on the forum. Now I’m rather careful with words because you don’t have the freedom to say what you want here.

Aside from that yes, buyers should look at the overall picture not just a TRS. Buyer should ask sellers to prove their history and experience to avoid issues.

Proudly, my team and I have been in business 28 years. So, we must be doing something right and still going strong, of course, not just fiverr.

To be clear for all sellers: I have never seen any user have a TRS badge removed over a forum comment. I have seen users be banned from Fiverr over a forum comment IF the comment was a violated of not just the forum rules, but the Fiverr Terms of Service. If anyone in this thread had a badge removed, it was for violating the Terms of Service. While they may have chosen to also openly discuss the violation on the forum and encourage others to violate the ToS as well, the actual ToS violation would have been the issue.

As far as freedom to say what you want here, if you say something that violates the forum rules or the ToS, most users are aware that your post is subject to edits or removal in those cases. Disagreement with Fiverr alone is all over the forum, so it clearly is not an issue to simply state your opinion with the limits of the rules.

@Admin note: The are no “staff” members on the forum. That is misleading. The forum has volunteers that are non staff members.

I’m not frightening anyone. I simply speak with my experience and what happened. What’s wrong with that?

Staff members are obviously in regular contact with the entire forum team. Repeatedly stating inaccurate information on the forum can be frightening to new readers. Forum moderators are volunteers, as you stated, and cannot remove a person’s level, so this is inaccurate. Staff does review seller activity in general and that sometimes includes forum posts. All activity is taken into the review process when staff makes decision, but forum moderators are not involved in the decision-making processing regarding Fiverr seller accounts.

@fonthaunt I know what was said and at that time when the TRS was lost there was no intention to break rules. It was only a comment and there was no encouragement for others to go against fiverr. I simply share my experience. It was nothing related to selling or buying or my reputation on fiverr.

When you have so many disagreements or negative comments from buyers and sellers, there is obviously a problem that needs to be addressed.

My intentions are good and always have been. But, of course others may think their own way and that’s the whole purpose of a forum.

As I have said numerous times before, let buyers decide themselves. We all start on Fiverr from nothing, and we all have a chance to build ourselves up. This doesn’t happen overnight like it might (not, probably) have happened back in 2010. It happens over months and years, and you have to consistently maintain a high quality of everything from work to customer service in between a) awful buyers b) bad life situations c) emergencies d) whatever else happens when the universe doesn’t like you very much.

Plenty of buyers give newbies a chance. These posts do not help you on your journey. Working on self-promotion and accepting it’s going to be a climb will. The difference is, that generally someone who has worked to build up a 99% (or whatever) TRS/lvl 2 portfolio of success has a lot more to lose than someone new. We all know exactly what it’s like to be new and have awful sales and those days when you wonder whether it’s worth it.

So yes, buyers should give a chance to new sellers, but here’s the thing: they do. You are moaning not because of some dearth of evil buyers who only buy from proven experts. You are complaining about your own lack of demand.

In turn, this lowers your desirability. Despite the disguise of “fighting for the newbies”, you really only want to improve your own sales–by simply posting that people should do something. Wouldn’t it be a better use of your time to pull your finger out and work a bit harder to get those first buyers and please them?

Of course it would. But no… you want it all on a plate. The real great minds out there go and take what’s theirs. They don’t sit around grumbling about chance. They make it.

As for @edume: if what you said was true, I would have lost my TRS a long time ago! I’m inclined to believe that you’re making up things to suit your own version of events, as per usual. As for the experience stuff, I can’t comment. A lot of this stuff is subjective, particularly when it comes to writing/art/design (I am excluding the clearly untalented). buyers seeking true professionals are more likely to go to agencies if that’s what they’re after though. Fiverr caters more for small businesses and outsourcers imo. I know that the most “expensive” person in my main category just go zinged by a buyer for unreasonable expectations lol…

@emmaki There are a certain number of individuals that don’t want me to post anything probably because they fear what I will say. What I said above it true, I don’t make anything up. I’m not some young guy who thinks their a big shot. I earned my way with hard work. I’ve tried to help as many as I can on fiverr, it’s not my main business. Fiverr has changed a lot in fiverr years. I can’t say much more than that otherwise my comment will be edited. Yes, some of your posts would have got you banned but nothing happened.

Perhaps interpretation would have been a better word, then. I’ve had plenty of warnings and orange boxes, but all that really tells me is that I’m being a bit too much and overstepping the boundaries and that I should dial it back a bit, rather than compare my treatment with others.

Fiverr is, for now my main business: it wasn’t when I started, and it may not be in a few years. I think you should share your experience. The act of mentioning that you can’t speak because you will be silenced is ultimately self-censorship.

I’ve read that the CEO of Fiverr could be a psychopath, for example. It could be true: there are studies and books written about how a surprising percentage of CEOs have psychopathic tendencies. Do I believe this? Not really. I don’t know the guy, I’ve never worked under him, but if you read Glassdoor reviews, some toes have been stepped on. More interesting than this vile slur, of course, is the fact that TrustPilot has a Fiverr rating of 2 stars (it’s a bit higher than that, or was last time I looked), and all those reviews are from people who clearly didn’t read the TOS or have a major issue with something that is nothing to do with Fiverr at all. Notably, unlike UpWork, Fiverr doesn’t manipulate reviews there (yet).

Say what you think, or cry Wolf. I don’t mind if this is edited out, but the fact is that anyone can read this and verify that I’m just reporting on what other people say: now, as members of this community, isn’t it more valuable to discuss how we can improve this impression of Fiverr? 2 years ago, a video interview with the CEO was promised–delayed until this day. As was the pro video, I believe, though I have a hazy memory of that being promised so maybe I never saw it.

This isn’t a dictatorship. We have free speech.

We all were new at some point and your post shows that you are desperate. Nobody wants to work with somebody who is desperate.
Another thing: have a closer look at your gigs and profile (start with the pic) and if you have the capability of thinking like an engineer you will know why you will not receive any orders.

When I was “only” a buyer (rather than a buyer and new seller), I rarely looked at the total number of reviews or the years active as seller. I tended to trust the description and booked the gig if it seemed like the right seller for my purposes. Most of the time this worked without any problems. Though to be honest, no reviews at all is a big turn off. In such cases I only booked if the gig was unique.

Since you insist on stating this here, this response is up for others and is the end of my part in this discussion. The posts you made at that time were retained by staff and you did encourage others to put unapproved links in their gig descriptions to their websites. That is all that you did or said on the forum that was a problem, to my knowledge, and you refused to admit that your suggestion could cause others to get in trouble. Your own gig descriptions at that time did also have unapproved links in them and that is honestly all I know about what you were doing with your Fiverr business. I was a new admin at the time and was not the person responsible for passing along any noticed ToS violations to staff, but I would assume that has always been something the forum team was responsible for.

It was news to me, and as far as I know to the other admins when your badge was removed. It had nothing to do with your posts on the forum, although your repeated insistence on blaming it on the forum team did result in your suspension from posting. Since then, you have repeated that claim several times and have been asked to stop doing it. You continue to do it to this day (as seen in this thread.) This information, as stated, was also passed along to staff.

I wish that you had left it alone, because there is no reason you couldn’t have just been an ordinary community member. Other than this mess, I’ve always found your gigs impressive and your posts sometimes helpful and sometimes not. Your own insistence on pushing an agenda of your own is the only thing that makes that a problem and isn’t useful to the community. That’s it. Your other comment in this thread was unlisted as it was a response to a private note and was not needed in public view. Good luck with your sales.

To others reading this - that’s all I have to say on this matter, but I will repeat one more time that to my own knowledge, no one has ever lost a badge/level due to nothing but a forum post. It’s not necessary since forum posts can be removed and people can be restricted. Forum team members can restrict forum accounts, but not entire Fiverr accounts. Forum team members do pass along info to staff, but does not make any decisions about levels or anything else having to do with seller or buyer accounts.

Guest fb_dami

There are some new buyers with highest service…
And some peoples don’t know even what is customer satisfaction…
So I agree with you.

I just thought I’d point out that it seems to me there is a big difference between having your forum account restricted and having your levels removed. This conversation seems to have shifted from one to the other. I’ve even been gotten warnings on my forum account, once after I became a moderator. I did say something I shouldn’t have and apologized to the admin that called me on it, and we moved on.

The forums are full of controversial speech, disagreement about Fiverr staff actions, etc. The vast majority of that is still live and can be found unedited, and some of it was written by past and present mods/admins. Only parts or whole posts that led to a big fight, staff bashing, so on and so on - those are edited. @emmaki, I think you are quite aware that you aren’t immune to a warning and neither is anyone else and you can even talk about it if it makes sense. I appreciate it when newbies come on the forum and say “Hey guys, these rules are enforced when someone notices you and if you spam or call someone a **** you’ll be asked to stop. If you keep doing it, you’ll be temporarily or permanently blocked.” Those are valuable warnings for everyone on the forum to be aware of.

It is an entirely different matter to say that your Fiverr selling can be affect just because you complained or spoke your mind on the forum. I still can state that I don’t know of a single instance where that is true. And, I can only guess for you @emmaki, but if it were true, it’s plausible that you might have gotten a notice that your badge was in danger of some of the outspoken things you’ve said. Have you ever been told your badge was in danger over a forum comment? I bet not.

That is my only issue with what has been said in this thread. Fiverr gives us as users a forum so that we can talk, complain, ask, and even advertise. If they didn’t want us to state opinions, they could save a little money and a lot of volunteer effort by just shutting the forum down. I don’t see that happening anytime soon and the staff that do communicate with the forum volunteers have been great and helpful.

Archived