Fiverr Community Forum

Buyers wanting their homework done?

I’m relatively new here… in the last day I’ve had 2 messages from buyers, and it starts of with them having an urgent issue, but then it boils down to them wanting me to do their homework (database queries). The info they provided is obviously some sort of school assignment, based on the language used, compared to what I would expect to see in a rea-world business requirement.

Is this common on the platform? As far as I know its against the ToS for the platform.

9 Likes

Unethical Services

Fiverr’s marketplace is open for sellers to offer any creative and productive service they wish to propose. With that being said, we ask to refrain from offering any unethical service. For example, taking part in doing someone else’s academic work (which will likely be submitted as the student’s own work) or requesting academic work to be done for you, is unethical since it violates most schools’ Honor Codes and constitutes copyright infringement. Fiverr does not allow this type of fraudulent activities and it will not be permitted on our platform.

The above is from the Community Standards.

Helping with academic work is a violation of the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page and to do so will risk your account.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s against the TOS to help with homework etc. So it’s better to remind the buyer to read the rules before asking for services.

3 Likes

It happens… And no, it’s not allowed.

3 Likes

Doing someone’s academic work on this Fiverr’s platform is really against the rules. Must brief the buyer about To’s and terms. So the buyer may not demand extra things unethically from the sellers.
Thanks

2 Likes

I was horrified today to see a Top Rated Seller whose sole gig was academic research, editing ‘papers’, writing theses and dissertations, and researching exam answers. It left me speechless… a big and bold gig, thousands of reviews… ugh. No. Just no.

3 Likes

This kind of thing tells you more about the world that it ought to. I consider doing someone’s academic work for them highly unethical and I would never knowingly do it, even if it wasn’t against ToS and community standards.

It just got a bit frustrating as these messages come in “super urgent” and I think “gee, someone needs help and is in trouble”. As someone in IT I’ve been buried deep in technical problems and know the feeling. But then after 10 minutes of scoping out the issue it’s school assignment, really grinds my gears.

3 Likes

Really? That sounds so odd. A gig so clearly against Fiverr’s rules staying available for so long to attract thousands of reviews. :thinking: I guess no one has reported the gig ever.

Happens to me a few times a year. I wouldn’t say it’s a common occurrence.

Report them.

It’s possible the gig was modified to include that services, or they created the gig after reaching TSR so as to not get caught during the manual vetting.

3 Likes

I used to get so many of these when I was all in on my editing gig. They would be super sneaky about it, too. Once I had this person send me photos of a written assignment which had correction notes with markings like the ones I used as a language teacher. I asked if this was homework and they said no. Then I told them it looks like homework and their reply boiled down to “I mean, yes it is but I’m the teacher”.

Guess who got blocked that day :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, they are in trouble… Because they got themselves into it.

1 Like

And they don’t mind if they get others in trouble too!

2 Likes