BUYERS who don't follow INSTRUCTIONS (and Fiverr Forum search bar ^^^)

kolapops

Aloha! Kola here, well I imagine this has been discussed however when I search in this “what are you looking for? ^” box no results ever show up ?

My issue is- about 10-20% of the time I find myself having to spend (waste, really) time RESENDING instructions to buyers (e.g. 60 word testimonial =$5) and then find they send a 100+ word script but only ordered ONE gig… Often they are very apologetic and then order (or shorten script) but what gives on the feature where BUYERS should have to MANUALLY CHECK OFF a bullet point list of SELLER INSTRUCTIONS- I think that’d be an awesome feature… I know some people are just not very bright and rush without reading but it does get annoying at times when I know I’ve posted clear instructions, they just aren’t being met… but BUYERS have too much freedom to order and start the delivery count down when they either 1) don’t follow instructions 2)don’t send ANY instructions or 3) request work that I will not do (adult etc.)

Any word on WHAT UPDATES are coming to help Sellers streamline the order process?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is the one of the biggest problems sellers are having. Kinda makes me laugh whenever I see yet another post about it, because we are just all in the same boat! 🙂 There are certain genres I won’t do on my book trailer gig (like heavy romance and things like that - one person had some atrocious books that I won’t mention because it would give away who the person is, but I finally had to ask them not to order from me again).

Even having items to check off may not deter the most stubborn. Some may click them just to get through it and STILL not have read anything.

@rodesigners - I like your idea. 🙂 Do people actually tell you that they’ve read your instructions? What do you do if people order from you and haven’t gone outside your parameters, but they clearly didn’t read your instructions?

I think this is the one of the biggest problems sellers are having. Kinda makes me laugh whenever I see yet another post about it, because we are just all in the same boat! 🙂 There are certain genres I won’t do on my book trailer gig (like heavy romance and things like that - one person had some atrocious books that I won’t mention because it would give away who the person is, but I finally had to ask them not to order from me again).

Even having items to check off may not deter the most stubborn. Some may click them just to get through it and STILL not have read anything.

@rodesigners - I like your idea. 🙂 Do people actually tell you that they’ve read your instructions? What do you do if people order from you and haven’t gone outside your parameters, but they clearly didn’t read your instructions?

Archived