Fiverr Forum

Buyers who don't read description, instructions, or my messages to them

I just have to rant about this right now. How is it possible for a buyer to have the right to not like what I provide when they thought I was doing something completely different than what it states in my title, description, instructions, video, and my messages to them. They don’t read anything, they just order the gig. Then they don’t answer my actual questions when I message them letting them know I need more info (stated in the instructions) and they tell me to just “do as you wish”. So then I create a video for them just like I do for all the other people who order that gig, and then they tell me they’re not pleased and that they thought it would be something else. What? Anyone else run into this every so often?

Tip to buyers: Don’t buy a gig unless you know what it is. And then if you buy a gig, read the description, instructions, messages from the seller so they provide what you actually want. If you want something specific ask for it. Most sellers are willing to go above and beyond and do things a little differently as per your requests.

Thanks everyone! Just had to get that off my chest :slight_smile:

Reply to @jamie17: I don’t agree. Buyers simply are ignoring instructions. You can write whatever you want in them and you’ll have the same result.

If they won’t give you clear direction then cancel the order.

Reply to @jamie17: If this was a rare occurrence then canceling the order may be fine, but having too much cancellations would place a negative bearing on your profile

Reply to @magisworks: If you are constantly getting the issue of people not providing what you need, then it is worth changing your gig. People are basically lazy, especially when they are only spending 5 bucks, getting them to take any action can be like pulling teeth!

I ran into the same problem recently with a bonehead of a buyer who didn’t follow the instructions, wouldn’t respond to requests for details, but certainly was available to come back and give a negative feedback at the end of it all. I completed the job the best that I could with the lacking info that was given to me, but then I read something from another person here on the forum that I will try next time. Since the clock is ticking and you have to deliver the gig, then simple deliver it by saying something like “I cant complete this gig until you give me all the information I need, but I had to deliver it to stop the clock. When you give me the information I need I will finish the gig for you” Something like that, instead of trying to guess at how to actually finish the job. I made the same mistake you made. Now I have a better strategy. You cant get rid of these boneheads, but you can figure out ways to deal with them.

Does anyone know what updates Fiverr plans to roll out that might protect sellers? You know how LinkedIn won’t let you request someone unless you clearly choose how you are connected (you can still b.s. but it takes time and lies)…

I’m so peeved about a recent negative fb (ironically right above a RAVE review from same buyer) and hope Fiverr removes it… it sucks how ONE uncalled for inaccurate neg. FB dropped me one whole % and even more than that ON the gig in question… UGH!

When you mentioned “I have to stop the clock” did you just mean you stated that in a message and then clicked cancel? I’m relatively new here (Sept '12) and I would love any tips! thanks.

P.S. Anyone have an order that has never been followed up with instructions? The $ is just sitting there over a month now, but no response from buyer. Smh…

Reply to @kolapops: Yes I had that happen many moons back. Bugged me every time I saw it there uncompleted and nothing I could do.

kolapops said: I'm so peeved about a recent negative fb (ironically right above a RAVE review from same buyer) and hope Fiverr removes it... it sucks how ONE uncalled for inaccurate neg. FB dropped me one whole % and even more than that ON the gig in question... UGH!
Welcome to the club. Fiverr policy is that they will not remove a negative comment unless you get the person that posted the negative comment to agree to have it removed. That's what they told me before.

Reply to @kolapops: That has happened to me several times. I have people who change their minds when they figure out they have to include information for the consult. I have people who think I provide a static report instead of a customized service so they are caught off guard when they actually have to ask questions regarding their business or proposed idea.

So the money sits there and I have to have Fiverr support cancel the orders.

I know at one point a buyer had literally ordered the wrong gig. Granted some sellers have simliar gigs where they make a video of some sort or whatever but the ones I had were completely opposite. One was for writing, which was what they wanted, and the other was for a tarot card reading, which was what they ordered instead. Now I wanted to do the job for them but I felt it would be better for me to have it on my writing gig to look better than on the other one. Pet peeve of mine I guess.

I ran into the same problem recently with a bonehead of a buyer who didn’t follow the instructions, wouldn’t respond to requests for details, but certainly was available to come back and give a negative feedback at the end of it all. I completed the job the best that I could with the lacking info that was given to me, but then I read something from another person here on the forum that I will try next time. Since the clock is ticking and you have to deliver the gig, then simple deliver it by saying something like “I cant complete this gig until you give me all the information I need, but I had to deliver it to stop the clock. When you give me the information I need I will finish the gig for you” Something like that, instead of trying to guess at how to actually finish the job. I made the same mistake you made. Now I have a better strategy. You cant get rid of these boneheads, but you can figure out ways to deal with them.

Does anyone know what updates Fiverr plans to roll out that might protect sellers? You know how LinkedIn won’t let you request someone unless you clearly choose how you are connected (you can still b.s. but it takes time and lies)…

I’m so peeved about a recent negative fb (ironically right above a RAVE review from same buyer) and hope Fiverr removes it… it sucks how ONE uncalled for inaccurate neg. FB dropped me one whole % and even more than that ON the gig in question… UGH!

When you mentioned “I have to stop the clock” did you just mean you stated that in a message and then clicked cancel? I’m relatively new here (Sept '12) and I would love any tips! thanks.

P.S. Anyone have an order that has never been followed up with instructions? The $ is just sitting there over a month now, but no response from buyer. Smh…

Reply to @kolapops: Yes I had that happen many moons back. Bugged me every time I saw it there uncompleted and nothing I could do.

kolapops said: I'm so peeved about a recent negative fb (ironically right above a RAVE review from same buyer) and hope Fiverr removes it... it sucks how ONE uncalled for inaccurate neg. FB dropped me one whole % and even more than that ON the gig in question... UGH!
Welcome to the club. Fiverr policy is that they will not remove a negative comment unless you get the person that posted the negative comment to agree to have it removed. That's what they told me before.

Reply to @kolapops: That has happened to me several times. I have people who change their minds when they figure out they have to include information for the consult. I have people who think I provide a static report instead of a customized service so they are caught off guard when they actually have to ask questions regarding their business or proposed idea.

So the money sits there and I have to have Fiverr support cancel the orders.

I know at one point a buyer had literally ordered the wrong gig. Granted some sellers have simliar gigs where they make a video of some sort or whatever but the ones I had were completely opposite. One was for writing, which was what they wanted, and the other was for a tarot card reading, which was what they ordered instead. Now I wanted to do the job for them but I felt it would be better for me to have it on my writing gig to look better than on the other one. Pet peeve of mine I guess.