Buyers with Bad Bank Accounts

russflex

I did a job for a buyer last month and they gave me 5-star positive feedback. Now that order was canceled because of a dispute from the buyer’s bank account and I lose out on the funds. Shouldn’t this be Fiverr’s responsibility? What the heck are we paying them 20% for?

I did a job for a buyer last month and they gave me 5-star positive feedback. Now that order was canceled because of a dispute from the buyer’s bank account and I lose out on the funds. Shouldn’t this be Fiverr’s responsibility? What the heck are we paying them 20% for?

What the heck are we paying them 20% for?

The 20% Fiverr keeps is a result of the revenue-sharing system you agreed to when you signed up for your account. Fiverr keeps 20% of your revenue, and in return, you are allowed to host and sell your services using Fiverr’s platform.

You are not paying Fiverr to police buyer bank accounts. They have no more pre-knowledge of bad user bank accounts than you do.

What the heck are we paying them 20% for?

The 20% Fiverr keeps is a result of the revenue-sharing system you agreed to when you signed up for your account. Fiverr keeps 20% of your revenue, and in return, you are allowed to host and sell your services using Fiverr’s platform.

You are not paying Fiverr to police buyer bank accounts. They have no more pre-knowledge of bad user bank accounts than you do.

Have you ever had this problem?

Wow, that’s shocking. I’ve heard of others having the same problem, but I don’t think there’s anything that can be done at this stage. Hopefully you didn’t put too much work in.

It was a $10 order, so it wasn’t a huge deal. But it makes me worry about bigger orders. At least the buyer in question no longer has an active account. It still stinks, though, because they’ve stolen my labor and time.

It was a $10 order, so it wasn’t a huge deal. But it makes me worry about bigger orders. At least the buyer in question no longer has an active account. It still stinks, though, because they’ve stolen my labor and time.

Phew for that. Hopefully you’ll still keep the review, but it wouldn’t make sense that it’ll exist in the database still. It’s a bit of a risk, though Fiverr is still great for making sales 99% of the time.

Phew for that. Hopefully you’ll still keep the review, but it wouldn’t make sense that it’ll exist in the database still. It’s a bit of a risk, though Fiverr is still great for making sales 99% of the time.

Fiverr still penalized my completion rate, lol. People wonder why I get upset with Fiverr. It’s for things like that.

Fiverr still penalized my completion rate, lol. People wonder why I get upset with Fiverr. It’s for things like that.

Wow, I’d probably contact the support team to get it adjusted. That’s a grave flaw in their system, punishing sellers even though they do the right thing.

It was a $10 order, so it wasn’t a huge deal. But it makes me worry about bigger orders. At least the buyer in question no longer has an active account.

What you experienced was likely a PayPal chargeback, where the buyer went to PayPal, and forced PayPal to cancel the transaction – thereby forcing Fiverr to send the money/revenue back to PayPal. Fiverr currently is unable to combat this, but they do ban the accounts of the buyers who do this – which is most likely why the buyer “no longer has an active account”.

It was a $10 order, so it wasn’t a huge deal. But it makes me worry about bigger orders. At least the buyer in question no longer has an active account.

What you experienced was likely a PayPal chargeback, where the buyer went to PayPal, and forced PayPal to cancel the transaction – thereby forcing Fiverr to send the money/revenue back to PayPal. Fiverr currently is unable to combat this, but they do ban the accounts of the buyers who do this – which is most likely why the buyer “no longer has an active account”.

Not all the time though…

I had a client who made a chargeback with PayPal, I contacted CS more than a month ago and his account is still there and no update from CS for a month after they said they will look into it. (And of course they are using my work)

Not all the time though…

I had a client who made a chargeback with PayPal, I contacted CS more than a month ago and his account is still there and no update from CS for a month after they said they will look into it. (And of course they are using my work)

I had a client who made a chargeback with PayPal, I contacted CS more than a month ago and his account is still there

How come?

I think the banning of a buyer (who does disputes via PP) is automatically done.

As soon as the chargeback is done, the account gets banned and money gets refunded from the seller’s balance without human interference.

I wonder if your case is actually a chargeback?

I had a client who made a chargeback with PayPal, I contacted CS more than a month ago and his account is still there

How come?

I think the banning of a buyer (who does disputes via PP) is automatically done.

As soon as the chargeback is done, the account gets banned and money gets refunded from the seller’s balance without human interference.

I wonder if your case is actually a chargeback?

I thought so too, that it’s automated but apparently it’s not.

Yes, I got an automated email that person files claim with their payment provider and after that CS confirmed that it was a chargeback and they will look into it. And still quiet.

It’s actually pissing me off quite a lot. Even though I don’t really care about those 50$ it’s just annoying that it’s been a month, no update from CS and his account is still there.

P.S chargeback was claimed saying that delivery was late (so it should be pretty simple in my opinion I even sent them all screenshots with dates etc)

I thought so too, that it’s automated but apparently it’s not.

Yes, I got an automated email that person files claim with their payment provider and after that CS confirmed that it was a chargeback and they will look into it. And still quiet.

It’s actually pissing me off quite a lot. Even though I don’t really care about those 50$ it’s just annoying that it’s been a month, no update from CS and his account is still there.

P.S chargeback was claimed saying that delivery was late (so it should be pretty simple in my opinion I even sent them all screenshots with dates etc)

It’s actually pissing me off quite a lot.

I’d be pissed off as well if someone disputed my completed job off of Fiverr, and still has their Fiverr’s account! That’s a very very weird scenario.

Are you able to contact your buyer? Are they still active on Fiverr, buying?

It’s actually pissing me off quite a lot.

I’d be pissed off as well if someone disputed my completed job off of Fiverr, and still has their Fiverr’s account! That’s a very very weird scenario.

Are you able to contact your buyer? Are they still active on Fiverr, buying?

I didn’t stalk them and it looks from their reviews that my order was the last one when I checked but I’m still able to send them messages and their account is still active.

I am really not sure what’s wrong with this situation. Maybe they have different policy for people who were buying on fiverr before the chargeback and had successful orders but I guess we will find out only when their highness “CS” will finally reply to me.

I’m actually very tempted just to close that ticket and move on.

Wow, I’d probably contact the support team to get it adjusted. That’s a grave flaw in their system, punishing sellers even though they do the right thing.

I tried contacting CS to readjust my completion rate. Just as I thought, they couldn’t even do that for me. They’re useless.

Archived