Buyers won't take no for an answer

ceneworksmedia

I’m conversing with a few people that I unfortunately do not want to work with. They are not outright BAD and haven’t done anything particularly wrong, but in the nicest way possible, I just find working with them very tedious and want to end the relationship.

But they won’t stop messaging me. I apologize, citing creative differences, that I do not want to take their money for something I am not passionate about. That we are not a good fit. They continue to ask why. I don’t know how to end these conversations. Help?

I’m conversing with a few people that I unfortunately do not want to work with. They are not outright BAD and haven’t done anything particularly wrong, but in the nicest way possible, I just find working with them very tedious and want to end the relationship.

But they won’t stop messaging me. I apologize, citing creative differences, that I do not want to take their money for something I am not passionate about. That we are not a good fit. They continue to ask why. I don’t know how to end these conversations. Help?

But they won’t stop messaging me

Why haven’t you blocked them? That feature exists for a reason. If they won’t take “no” for an answer, you might have no choice.

Recently I have resorted to ignoring messages from people for the first time ever.

I dislike doing that but it’s all you can do sometimes. Pacquo also has a good idea. It’s hard when it’s something new for you to do that deliberately.

@pacquo also gets points for mentioning my favorite author Flannery O’Connor .

I too have people continue to message me even after I tell them no. The block feature is helpful as a last resort. I’ve had people place multiple orders after I’ve told them repeatedly not to keep ordering so the block feature takes care of that. Some people take it as a challenge to be told no.

Recently I have resorted to ignoring messages from people for the first time ever.

I dislike doing that but it’s all you can do sometimes. Pacquo also has a good idea. It’s hard when it’s something new for you to do that deliberately.

@pacquo also gets points for mentioning my favorite author Flannery O’Connor .

I too have people continue to message me even after I tell them no. The block feature is helpful as a last resort. I’ve had people place multiple orders after I’ve told them repeatedly not to keep ordering so the block feature takes care of that. Some people take it as a challenge to be told no.

I did but every few weeks I still get messages. It’s pretty absurd haha

Isnt the only way to do this by reporting spam? I suppose at a certain point it IS spam, but I was avoiding this.

Below are your reporting options.

623752156_ScreenShot2019-01-30at8_58_55PM.png.a3aa32c69406cc22c9013214639dc361.png

You can choose Other or “the user behaved inappropriately.”

Sometimes I block sellers who have given me a low rating, I use “other” for that. I like that feature, “the right to refuse service” is a sacred right among traders.

I just find working with them very tedious and want to end the relationship.

Ohhh dear, I believe I have a seller like that.

I ended the relationship twice in the past already, but the person keeps coming back with a new account. I’m currently at round 3 now, and I DID block the person’s messages again which worked, but it didn’t stop the person from buying my gigs.

All I need to do is just cancel the order, but that would drop my rate and it could lead to demotion which is something I’d like to avoid.

I’m not sure what the best solution is, just keep telling the person you do not want to work with them, and just ignore them after that.

Below are your reporting options.

55%20PM

You can choose Other or “the user behaved inappropriately.”

Sometimes I block sellers who have given me a low rating, I use “other” for that. I like that feature, “the right to refuse service” is a sacred right among traders.

Ah I see. Thanks for this. I guess I’ll have to resort to it!

Archived