Buying cheaters?

Yesterday I got a message from a person who needed a logo for his company, he told me what he wanted, he gave me pictures and he gave me the information, but something happens and I did not want to choose one of my packages in my publication of the GIG and when I told him to do it he told me that he wanted a first sample of the logo, to see how it was going to be.

What do I have to do in these situations? because I feel that I am giving my work and my ideas to someone who has not even paid for it.

Politely inform your buyer that you’re unable to give custom samples for free, but you’ll be happy to send them a custom offer for only $XX for the sample.

Err, sorry, I just saw your gig. You can tell the buyer that, with the starting price of $5, you really can’t give custom samples for free, but if they place the order, you’ll start working on it immediately. Or something like that.

Or just tell them that you can’t help them. Personally, I couldn’t take a buyer who refuses to spend $5 seriously.

Politely inform your buyer that you’re unable to give custom samples for free, but you’ll be happy to send them a custom offer for only $XX for the sample.

Err, sorry, I just saw your gig. You can tell the buyer that, with the starting price of $5, you really can’t give custom samples for free, but if they place the order, you’ll start working on it immediately. Or something like that.

Or just tell them that you can’t help them. Personally, I couldn’t take a buyer who refuses to spend $5 seriously.

I understand what you are trying to say to me.

In the end I told him that I could not give him a sample because this person was starting to send me information as if I had paid for the GIG and he has not answered me anymore.

I need clients because I’m starting, but I prefer to avoid this kind of people.

In the end I told him that I could not give him a sample because this person was starting to send me information as if I had paid for the GIG and he has not answered me anymore.

Great. You have taken a good decision in the crucial time.

I need clients because I’m starting,

I understand.

I prefer to avoid this kind of people.

They’re not buyers, anyway. They’re only buyers if they actually buy, and this sort tends to run away with free work. They often target new sellers.

So is. Someone wanted to take advantage of that I am a new seller.

Someone wanted to take advantage of that I am a new seller.

Yes, these type of people contact new sellers via the inbox and then send the seller their requirements. When the sellers return the completed work through an attachment in the message, the buyer disappears. 😱

If I were you, and this may have already been mentioned, but I’d just set up a gig for a sample. You can make it cheap as it is just a sample, low res with a watermark. But something that shows an idea of what the buyer can expect and at the same time you get paid for your time. Just an idea.

If I were you, and this may have already been mentioned, but I’d just set up a gig for a sample. You can make it cheap as it is just a sample, low res with a watermark. But something that shows an idea of what the buyer can expect and at the same time you get paid for your time. Just an idea.

If I were you, and this may have already been mentioned, but I’d just set up a gig for a sample.

That’s a good idea, but it’s unlikely to work until OP can raise their prices. There’s no use of a sample gig if the lowest price of the standard gig is $5.

If I were you, and this may have already been mentioned, but I’d just set up a gig for a sample.

That’s a good idea, but it’s unlikely to work until OP can raise their prices. There’s no use of a sample gig if the lowest price of the standard gig is $5.

Exactly, only 5 dollars are my basic package How do you expect me to sample my work ?.

I’m looking for new clients and getting ahead as a seller, but I can not allow buyers to ask me for that kind of thing either.

Exactly, only 5 dollars are my basic package How do you expect me to sample my work ?.

I’m looking for new clients and getting ahead as a seller, but I can not allow buyers to ask me for that kind of thing either.

Good for you!

Ignore anyone who asks for samples, test orders, or discounts. These people are the same people who will ruin your profile with a 1-star review if you don’t squeeze blood out of a stone to make them happy.

They are simply not worth working with in the first place.

Archived