Buying Gigs: Newbies Need LOVE Too ;-)

musiclover

As a seller and a buyer, I have been on both sides of gig purchases, so I understand your concerns with buying from the unknown. Please rest assure that you are in good hands here on Fiverr. Sometimes the gig you want to buy, is offered from a new seller. Buying from a new seller can be an uncomfortable experience if you don’t do your due diligence. So here’s some tips that might help.

Tip # 1:

View their profile and see how long they’ve been a member and when was the last time they were online. If the user haven’t been online in days, then they may not be very active. Did they upload a photo/avatar or is there a default sheep image in its place? Did they take the time to write a brief introduction? These are little things that can tell you if they’re a serious and active seller.

Tip # 2:

View their gig’s video, images, and description. Are their images generic or are they’re related to their gig? Do they clearly and fully explain what their gig is about and what they’re offering? If their gig description is short, generic, and/or seem like it was rushed, that’s something to consider when shopping for gigs.

Tip # 3:

Contact the buyer. Ask them questions. Ask to see samples. Do what you need to do in order to feel more comfortable about making a purchase. How long did the seller take to respond? Were they friendly? Did they answer all your questions or was their responses short? These are small things that can help you get a feel for a person. Yes its only $5, but your time is very valuable and you don’t want to waste it with the wrong seller.

Tip # 4:

Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. You definitely don’t want to buy a gig, wait and wait and wait, only to be disappointed, then have to find someone else to do the job. That’s more time wasted. You want to get it right on the first try. The best thing to do is contact a few sellers who offer the same type of gig. Who responded the quickest? Who provided a professional response? This should help you in your quest to find the right seller to make your Fiverr experience smooth and successful. 🙂

-Nakita

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: Awww, thank you Jo! I appreciate you taking the time to read it. 🙂 I know its a little long. I work midnights, so when I’m at work I have time to think and write. I hope this helps some buyers; I’ve seen a few threads about their experiences.

Guest lukabuz

This is a guide for sellers as much as it is a guide for buyers. Very nice job musiclover, you really helped me make my profile more presentable.

Musiclover, i have some troubles with buying services on fiverr. Big time! Just a few days ago, i did try stoumbleupon service from one seller. I’ve got the report, but the work was not done at all. I have no idea, why people do this stuff. So, i contacted the seller and said what the hell is going on? Well, the seller said, that he will fix everything. After 24h i’ve got a new report where his service was provided…

Last five orders i have problems with work to be delivered without scam…I need to take a break in buying stuff))

Archived