Buying Physical Products

rebesign

Hello. I’m not sure if this is the right place to post. I need a tip as a buyer. What is the best way to search for physical products to be shipped to my home? You know at the top, where they say “recommended” “new” etc., it would be nice if they had some link like that for physical products. I couldn’t find anything like that, so I put in “I will mail you” in the search box. I wasn’t finding much. I did find some “Sea Salted Dark Chocolate Swirl Popcorn.” That looked pretty good. I just bought that. Although after paying I checked the seller out and it showed he had been here for a year, and hadn’t made a single sale. I hope he will come back and send me my popcorn, it looks really good. 🙂

@bbetrio3- Wow. All of your gigs are awesome! The cards are gorgeous. Also, the fact that you’re offering to print them on quality photographic paper sets you apart from the crowd. I think that’s the first I’ve seen that offered. I’m not sure why, but every time I buy a printer it breaks in about a day and a half. So I can never print anything. 🙂 I collected your gig in case I decide to get it.

As far as contacting CS, I think I’ll pass on that. The last time I did it left a bad taste in my mouth. I had an altercation with another seller that was selling stolen items. Anyway, the last time he inboxed me was a counter claim saying all my gigs were illegal. That was so ridiculous, I just didn’t respond to him. I have a license for anything I’m selling here. Out of revenge, he contacted CS, made that claim, and they suspended one of my gigs for “potential copyright violation.” That was just so wrong, I think they had to know about the pre-existing conflict with this seller as I had already contacted CS about him. So, they had to know he had an ulterior motive. And for any rep looking at that gig, it would be obvious it wasn’t a violation. I wrote them back immediately and told them I can prove that I absolutely have the right to sell it. Offering where I purchased it, resell license, etc…What they did is just quitely close that gig as “solved” without ever even responding back. They didn’t want my proof. I’m not sure what to make of that. But I’m not that mad about it, I probably just wouldn’t be likely to contact them again. 🙂

Anyway, not to veer off on a negative rant. Thanks for helping. BTW, that popcorn seller wrote to me. He is super nice and is sending out the chocolate swirl popcorn tomorrow. I can’t wait. In the meantime, I’ve also found homemade marshmellows on Fiverr. They look good too. I think both of these sellers are brick and mortar candy shops.

Thanks MadMoo! You know I love your gigs because I bought from you before. You’re my favorite seller on Fiverr. 🙂 I just tried using those keywords, and think ship and mail were the best. I may be wrong, but most people in the US don’t say post in reference to mailing anything. Maybe that’s more of a UK thing. Post is just something we do on our blog. Anyway, my seller did respond and is already sending it. He seems like a lovely seller. I think it’s ok if say the URL here because I’m definitely not calling him out: http://fiverr.com/keithfix/send-you-sea-salted-dark-chocolate-swirl-popcorn

It looks like he has been here over a year and I’m his first sale. He actually responded pretty fast. I’m the one in queue. It looks like he owns a candy shop. Anyway, searching “mail you” and “ship you” is an improvement of what I was searching by, so thanks again that helps.

@MadMoo - No, thank you. You are so artistic. I was really happy with the pictures you took. You know, so much that I went out and bought a Nikon D3200. lol. The images you took I’m using in Photoshop projects. But you kind of motivated me beyond that. I’m practising with it, as I do love photography. I need to improve my composition skills. Having a decent camera helps, one still has to have a good feel to understand how to put a scene all together to create something special. That’s something you excell at. I’m not quite there yet. I plan to keep working on it, and in a few months start submitting to stock. If I do that I think over time I may be able to build up a residual income with it. It wasn’t the original plan, but where I’ve evolved to. Also, I’m planning to get a different lens than the one it comes standard with, one specifically meant for close-ups. Anyway, thanks MadMoo. 🙂 I’m sure I will enjoy the popcorn. I also have my eye on some homemade marshmellows. I’ll probably buy that next.

I’m a little confused about which lens to buy. I did write this one down - AF-S DX Micro Nikkor 40mm f/2.8g because on Nikon USA they said that it is a great lens for food photography. It’s also under $300 and has amazing reviews. I’ve been reading the pictures come out much sharper with this compared to the standard lens. But I don’t know, just kind of experimenting. Sometimes I hang out on a stock photography forum, and I know the Tamron lens is a favorite of many professionals.

Reply to @rebesign: Thank you. And sorry about your experience with support. I’ve had good luck with them with 1 or 2 the pass that just give me generic responses. I find that it really depends on the person who’s responding to your inquiry. Try to request a new support rep if you’re not happy with one. Hope that helps.

Best,

favicon.icoFiverr.com angelinabrad.jpg

bbetrio3's public profile on Fiverr

Welcome to your HOLIDAY GRAPHICS DESTINATION! Looking to spice up your logo for the holiday or a holiday message to send to your customers and family/friends? You've come to the right place!

@madmoo - Obviously, bad lighting or composition could ruin an otherwise good shot. Unless of course you work some kind of magic in Photoshop. 🙂 I still think getting a better lens is the way to go.

@bbetrio3 - Thanks. I submitted two tickets. First, in complaint of that seller. The person that responded was Max. I really had no problem with him. It’s not like we chatted, but he seemed like a good guy. The second ticket was when I was falsely accused, and I responded offering proof. With that ticket they just put it as solved without responding back. I don’t know who did that. If I wrote back again, it would feel like I’m stalking. lol. I’m not going that far. Ha Ha. It does bother me a little, but not to a great extent. I’m just having a little fun here on Fiverr, and not relying on income here.

Hope you both have a nice day. And bbetrio3 Happy Thanksgiving in a couple more days! I’m not doing much but taking a few days off to do whatever. 🙂

Archived