Fiverr Forum

Buying Reviews As a Seller

I had heard a lot of Fiverr sellers say buying reviews are good to make you stand out here on Fiverr and also make you get quick order as a new seller but I would love to ask the forum about what you think about this.

IS IT A RIGHT THING TO DO, THAT IS BUY REVIEWS FOR GIG OR IT IS THE BEST THING TO DO (for both new sellers and leveled sellers)?

4 Likes

To be clear, you’ve come to the forum to ask fellow sellers if we think it’s a good idea for you to commit fraud?

What do you think?

7 Likes

Hey don’t get me wrong man, I am here on a research but call my action frauds please

You should read the Terms of Service of fiverr.

• To prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, all feedback reviews must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through the Fiverr platform from users within our Community. Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance Seller ratings, or to abuse the Fiverr platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.
2 Likes

I didn’t get you wrong. What you’re suggesting is literally fraud. Manipulating your gigs with false reviews for financial gain. Trying to trick people into buying your service through reviews that aren’t genuine.

I’m curious as to why you would think this might be OK? You know the difference between right and wrong no?

1 Like

I never said it was okay, I asked a question, I think you should read again before giving an answer

At first its mere fraud and cheating.

Secondly if you have skills, dedication and work hard you will get order from applying to Buyer Request fake reviews will remain there but if your work is not good the real reviews you recieve will surely be so bad that you can’t continue on Fiverr any more.

So focus on what is right and work hard you will never need to do such things.

I come from a conflicted place (Kashmir) we had no internet for 9 months and my Fiverr profile is totally down but I am trying my best to get back and I have some old clients for whom I did quality work and they are trying to give me some work so that I can get back.

So, you need to create a good base and buying reviews can never help in that

1 Like

Even though I’m also new and 0 level seller, I would suggest you to read the TOS of Fiverr here:
https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service?source=footer

1 Like

No, what you’re referring to is probably what came out from a famous advice given by a famous fiverr freelancer that apparently made a lot of money and was interviewed on some “how to earn alot of money” podcast interview.

But this goes way way back when fiverr was much different from today. They (fiverr) soon realized that everybody started “buying” the first 10 reviews from friends and getting to level 1 very fast. I think at the time you only needed 10 reviews to get to level 1.

But of course, they soon changed the term of service and today this is strictly against fiverr rules.

So don’t do that. Work on your profile, check the competition, develop an offer of a value and the orders will start coming in. You need to be patient.

2 Likes

@wengty Don’t do it, simply put it like that. Optimize and promote your gigs and hopefully you get some orders and with those orders you’ll start getting some reviews. Do it the right way :v:

2 Likes

I would hate to conduct business with someone who isn’t ethical in their practice.

1 Like

It’s against TOS, and fraudulent. And misleading. So… no.