BYOB Can anyone explain?

tanmoy_biswas

Question

20 answers to this question

Had a bad experience with this scheme, stay away. Brought my customer here thinking I will get paid immediately after the order has marked as completed, but that didn’t happen as promised (check the screenshot). I will be paid after 12 days as usual, and my commission gets stuck-up for 2 months, even I don’t know how much I will have to accumulate in commission to get paid, because $28 that I had now isn’t sufficient.

I had opened a ticket with support, and found no one is aware of this “immediate payment” thing even when when I copy/pasted the text. They asked me to provide a screenshot which I provided, but they didn’t take any action 😦

1843669880_Screenshotfrom2018-11-2918-34-58.thumb.png.c6f5a220e1fb3aaa1360ca7989afab47.png

Had a bad experience with this scheme, stay away. Brought my customer here thinking I will get paid immediately after the order has marked as completed, but that didn’t happen as promised (check the screenshot). I will be paid after 12 days as usual, and my commission gets stuck-up for 2 months, even I don’t know how much I will have to accumulate in commission to get paid, because $28 that I had now isn’t sufficient.

I had opened a ticket with support, and found no one is aware of this “immediate payment” thing even when when I copy/pasted the text. They asked me to provide a screenshot which I provided, but they didn’t take any action 😦

This is great, no 20% commission if we bring our own buyers.

edit: I don’t have that.:frowning_face:

If I got to keep the 20% that Fiverr took, honestly it would make me more eager to get my own clients on here lol.

If you read it closely it says " If your client uses your link, and is a new to Fiverr,"

That means on the first order only, the way I read it.

I looks like it’s their traditional referral program that’s been re-skinned.

I really dont understand this.

It’s a way to advertise fiverr, then you give fiverr 20% from your buyers and then get it back.

Honestly, why someone would take so much work to create an invoice (which takes time to get your commission back, 30 to 60 days), if sellers can do faster and better, directly outside fiverr?

Seriously, sometimes, strategies like this tilts my brain.

If I got to keep the 20% that Fiverr took, honestly it would make me more eager to get my own clients on here lol.

I had this thing hanging in my Selling menu for months but never paid attention to it. I wonder if the September sales drop is somehow connected to this showing up there. Be self-sufficient, bring your own orders in, that sort of thing.

Most of my customers outside of fiverr don’t speak English and prefer to have lengthy conference calls so I don’t really see myself bringing them over to the site either way.

I’m curious as to whether any other sellers have used Fiverr’s “Bring Your Own Business” (BYOB) platform. The way it works is that if you have clients outside Fiverr, you can use this part of the platform to manage your orders etc. with them. There are several advantages: You can centralize your orders in one place.Clients pay up front, so there is a guarantee of rapid payment (for example, all of my regular, non-Fiverr clients are on “net 30-day” terms and are invoiced at the end of the mon…

This is why it’s annoying for them to release updates to select buyers.

@wooden_fish yes, I mean it. “Bring your own buyer”

You can market your gigs on social media or share with family and friends. I do believe there’s a way you can generate a custom order HTML that you can post on a website. Beyond that I don’t think there’s really a “feature” for it.

The advantage is more exposure and your gigs will get ranked better in the Fiverr search. If you combine it with a referral link you can earn even more.

I’m curious as to whether any other sellers have used Fiverr’s “Bring Your Own Business” (BYOB) platform.

The way it works is that if you have clients outside Fiverr, you can use this part of the platform to manage your orders etc. with them. There are several advantages:

You can centralize your orders in one place.

Clients pay up front, so there is a guarantee of rapid payment (for example, all of my regular, non-Fiverr clients are on “net 30-day” terms and are invoiced at the end of the mon…

Archived