Fiverr Community Forum

Calculate Earnings by Item or Extra?

Hi all!

I’m doing a business projection for next year based on this year’s numbers, and after downloading the CSV spreadsheet, I ran into a weird issue. The Spreadsheet doesn’t show a breakdown of each order by gig, then the extras and amount paid for each item…it just shows the total earnings on each order and if I received tips.

Is there a way to calculate how much I average per each gig extra I offer without going through each individual order for the past 12 months??? I really hope so, because just imagining that painstaking process is making me go cross-eyed. :dizzy_face: :exploding_head:

Any help/advice would be appreciated!

And Happy Holidays everyone!

3 Likes

No, the analytics here aren’t conducive to trend or KPI analysis, unfortunately.

Weird, I know. How can you optimize profit without knowing these things?! Ugh.

2 Likes

Not if the info isn’t in the .csv. If the extra info is shown in the “orders” page (the completed tab - I think it is) you could look through there and select “more” until it showed all for the year. That would save selecting each separate order to view each separate order in it’s own page. Maybe copy and pasting the text from that page (the “orders” page, with the “completed” tab) into a text file and then processing it with something (if a spreadsheet can’t maybe something else like a programming language eg. Python maybe) could allow you to auto-calc the average extras amount paid.

1 Like

Great thought! I’ll give that a try. I don’t think it will work on some of my custom offers, but hopefully it will be less involved than clicking on each order for the last 12 months :thinking:

I did mention it to CS, and they said it would be brought up as a potential feature in the future. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

After lots of extending the webpage, and copying the text, we can definitely say it was a success! I was able to use the “find” function in Word after pasting the text, and could single out enough of each extra to calculate it’s occurrence. Not pretty, but it did work. Thanks so much for the idea! You saved me a lot of headache.

Merry Christmas!!!

1 Like