Fiverr Community Forum

Calling a customer

Goodday everyone,

I actually saw it on a guys gig that he will provide 15min skype call for those buying his gig

Now my question is, if you are having a difficult time passing a message to a buyer, can you request for his whatsapp number so you can call him?
And i hope its not against fiverr rules
thank you

For any communication outside Fiverr you’ll have to get permission from CS.

I’d highly discourage you doing so as any call/message will not be billable and therefore you’ll invest a chunk of your time for free.

Also anything discussed outside of Fiverr cannot be verified on a possible arbitration.

I’ve had clients which want me to do the same and I told them that as a freelancer I expect my time to be compensated so if they wish to schedule a call they could place an order, or alternatively they can record themselves and send me the file so I can revise it at my own time.

Being available at different timezones can be though and it’s not worth in my opinion, but if you decide to do so make sure to get permission from CS beforehand.

1 Like

To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, Skype/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.
Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the order page.

The above is from the Terms of Service which you will find at the bottom of the Fiverr main page. Well worth a read as a violation can risk your account.

2 Likes

No you can’t.

Yes it is.

You’d really need to speak to CS before doing anything like this to make sure you’ve got their sayso, otherwise you’d be putting your account in jeopardy.

Thank you very much
I think i will have to ignore any buyer asking for my whatsapp number then

1 Like