Calling all creative writers, please advice what to do if you were me

davidho647416

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a gig from a seller that has great reviews to rewrite my profile but the work didn’t meet my expectation.

Seller has a great track record for 5 Stars but I honestly feel the finished product is worth 3.5 stars. Can any creative write here give me their perspective? I’ve asked for a revision so the seller ask me for information that’s not included in my profile to get ideas on how to rewrite it I guess. Once again I’m not happy with it.

Please let me know what you would do?

I’m not a writer, but I’ve purchased plenty of articles so my recommendation would be to wait for the revision.

It’s a creative work so there’s no guarantee that even the best sellers get it right the first time.

I just got the revision and it’s not what I was expecting. That’s why I’m looking for advice as I’m a seller too and I do wonder am I asking for too much? lol

I just got the revision and it’s not what I was expecting. That’s why I’m looking for advice as I’m a seller too and I do wonder am I asking for too much? lol

am I asking for too much

It depends. In most cases you get what you pay for.

We don’t know what your expectations were, what was agreed and we haven’t seen the writing.

I guess you can post it here and one of the writers can have a look, but you can also try a different writer.

When it comes to this particular order, if you really don’t like it then talk to the seller and ask what would they like to do. Some sellers prefer a cancellation and some would take the 3.5 rating.

am I asking for too much

It depends. In most cases you get what you pay for.

We don’t know what your expectations were, what was agreed and we haven’t seen the writing.

I guess you can post it here and one of the writers can have a look, but you can also try a different writer.

When it comes to this particular order, if you really don’t like it then talk to the seller and ask what would they like to do. Some sellers prefer a cancellation and some would take the 3.5 rating.

My profile now:

Excellent clear speaking voice and one call closer.

Increase Annual Revenue and 15 years experience acquiring new clients through Cold calls. Expert Business Developer and Marketing Strategist.

Expert in B2B and B2C Sales , Telemarketing, and Lead Generation for small, medium and start up companies looking to grow in the US and/or Canadian market.

Utilize my talent to manage and build your sales, boost brand value, train your sales team and/or convert your prospects into paying customers.

First Draft of rewrite ($10) gig

Hi friend, glad to have you here!

Am (insert first name), a professional Marketing Strategist and Business Developer with an experience of over 15 years. I’m an expert in B2B and B2C Sales, Telemarketing, and Lead Generation. I have helped many small and medium businesses as well as start-ups to achieve huge growth in the US and Canada. Now I want to help you too.

I can build and manage your sales, boost your brand value, train your sales team and convert your prospects into paying customers.

Check out my gigs and place your ORDER NOW!

For any question, feel free to contact me.

See you soon!

Revision second draft:

Hi,

Am (insert first name), a professional Marketing Strategist and Business Developer with an experience of over 15 years. I specialize in helping businesses grow, gain new customers and increase their revenue.

I have developed a unique system that works perfectly for the growth and fast acceleration of small and medium businesses.

I can build and manage your sales, boost your brand value, train your sales team and convert your prospects into paying customers.

• Let me help you elevate your business to a NEW level

See you soon!

My profile now:

Increase Annual Revenue and 15 years experience acquiring new clients through Cold calls. Expert Business Developer and Marketing Strategist.

Expert in B2B and B2C Sales , Telemarketing, and Lead Generation for small, medium and start up companies looking to grow in the US and/or Canadian market.

Utilize my talent to manage and build your sales, boost brand value, train your sales team and/or convert your prospects into paying customers.

Am (insert first name), a professional Marketing Strategist and Business Developer with an experience of over 15 years. I’m an expert in B2B and B2C Sales, Telemarketing, and Lead Generation. I have helped many small and medium businesses as well as start-ups to achieve huge growth in the US and Canada. Now I want to help you too.

See you soon!

Revision second draft:

Hi,

Am (insert first name), a professional Marketing Strategist and Business Developer with an experience of over 15 years. I specialize in helping businesses grow, gain new customers and increase their revenue.

I have developed a unique system that works perfectly for the growth and fast acceleration of small and medium businesses.

See you soon!

I’ll let others comment grammar, but to be honest I wouldn’t post it on my profile either 😦

It’s not terrible, but it’s not good either.

First, $10 is probably not enough to get a creative writer. I would start around $30 and work my way up if I see something great.

Secondly, this entire content is full of promises, but there’s actually no proof that you can do the job 🙂

• Name a few companies if you’ve worked for if you can.
  • Mention some of your recent success stories and add some numbers if you have them.
  • Wat’s your average conversion rate when you make the calls? Do you have this data?

I’d say, before you hire a new writer, do some thinking around the content that you wish to put on your profile and then give it another try.

PS. You need a good description, but considering your service, you should actually have a video on your profile. Or at least an audio introduction. I mean if you’re selling cold calling as a service then I bet clients would love to hear your voice.

I can’t speak for others, but I would not hire a caller if I haven’t heard how they would talk to my potential clients. I bet a video would have much more impact to your sales than any description.

My profile now:

See you soon!

Revision second draft:

Hi,

See you soon!

Am

I stopped reading at this point 😦 Am? from a creative writer?

My profile now:

See you soon!

Revision second draft:

Hi,

See you soon!

See you soon!

Revision second draft:

Ah, I see. I think the big thing to do here would be to put the benefits of working with you right up front. I’d also spend the money on a native speaker or a pro (not an advertisement, just a suggestion).

Even adding:

What would a steady stream of new prospects do for your brand? If you know you need help setting up a clear strategy or your current funnel just isn’t operating as it should, I can help.

Then launch into your “about me”.

Hope that helps 🙂

My profile now:

See you soon!

Revision second draft:

Hi,

See you soon!

I am sorry to say but the drafts are RIFE with grammatical errors. It is as if a person who is just starting to learn English has written those drafts. Also, the choice of introductory words (such as Hi friend) makes it sound so unprofessional. :frowning_face:

I am not really sure how the seller has so many 5-star reviews…

I’ll let others comment grammar, but to be honest I wouldn’t post it on my profile either 😦

It’s not terrible, but it’s not good either.

First, $10 is probably not enough to get a creative writer. I would start around $30 and work my way up if I see something great.

Secondly, this entire content is full of promises, but there’s actually no proof that you can do the job 🙂

• Name a few companies if you’ve worked for if you can.
  • Mention some of your recent success stories and add some numbers if you have them.
  • Wat’s your average conversion rate when you make the calls? Do you have this data?

I’d say, before you hire a new writer, do some thinking around the content that you wish to put on your profile and then give it another try.

PS. You need a good description, but considering your service, you should actually have a video on your profile. Or at least an audio introduction. I mean if you’re selling cold calling as a service then I bet clients would love to hear your voice.

I can’t speak for others, but I would not hire a caller if I haven’t heard how they would talk to my potential clients. I bet a video would have much more impact to your sales than any description.

Thanks for the advice, I have a video in the works right now should be ready in a few days.

See you soon!

Revision second draft:

Ah, I see. I think the big thing to do here would be to put the benefits of working with you right up front. I’d also spend the money on a native speaker or a pro (not an advertisement, just a suggestion).

Even adding:

What would a steady stream of new prospects do for your brand? If you know you need help setting up a clear strategy or your current funnel just isn’t operating as it should, I can help.

Then launch into your “about me”.

Hope that helps 🙂

Wow you really are a pro. Definitely considering lol

If I were you, I’d be looking for a copywriter, not a creative writer.

EDIT: I’m not sure it’s still allowed to hire a Fiverr seller to help you with profile or gig description, though, so you might be asking for a forbidden service.

I didn’t even know there was a difference.

fyi it’s not a gig description, it’s my profile and I’ll be using this on other platforms.

I am sorry to say but the drafts are RIFE with grammatical errors. It is as if a person who is just starting to learn English has written those drafts. Also, the choice of introductory words (such as Hi friend) makes it sound so unprofessional. :frowning_face:

I am not really sure how the seller has so many 5-star reviews…

I feel so much better about being not satisfy after reading your reply. Thanks for responding!

EDIT: I’m not sure it’s still allowed to hire a Fiverr seller to help you with profile or gig description, though, so you might be asking for a forbidden service.

Totally agree, there is a huge difference between sales copy and creative writing!

My thoughts exactly! I’m not sure if it’s against the Fiverr TOS but I am sure it does not feel right to hire someone to write your profile description about your service. Maybe someone to rewrite your written piece.

I’m thinking about increasing my writing rates after reading the drafts 🙂

Oh, btw, I’ve always felt guilt when I need to rate someone’s work badly… So I didn’t. Not for the sake of keeping the seller’s rating high, but for the sake of my inner peace. Do what you feel is right.

Archived