Can a buyer change a bad review

tannywrites

Yes and the buyer wants to make changes to a five star

I see.

So now, as well as a non 5-star review, you’ve potentially put your account at risk, and could get a warning or worse from Customer Support. Contacting a buyer to ask about their review is violating the Terms of Service - it’s review manipulation. Depending on what you said to the client, you could end up losing your account for it (worst scenario - hopefully just a warning)

I’d seriously suggest you read the Terms of Service, specifically the part about reviews. Also use the search button here in the forum, and do some research about changing reviews.

In a nutshell - DO NOT speak to your client about changing a review. DO NOT approach Customer Support about it.

The buyer didn’t mean to drop the review, because I accurately delivered her order

The buyer didn’t mean to drop the review, because I accurately delivered her order

Nevertheless, do not ask CS to change the review or you will get a warning against your account.

If the buyer lied and called you names then you could go to CS but not if they gave you a decent review and did not slander you.

I just read your buyer’s review and it was a good review. If you or your buyer asks to have it changed, CS will see that you talked to the buyer about the review. That is NOT a good thing.

Nevertheless, do not ask CS to change the review or you will get a warning against your account.

If the buyer lied and called you names then you could go to CS but not if they gave you a decent review and did not slander you.

I just read your buyer’s review and it was a good review. If you or your buyer asks to have it changed, CS will see that you talked to the buyer about the review. That is NOT a good thing.

I haven’t contacted CS at all, but my buyer wants to, in order to change the review.

I just checked the review and it was quite praiseful, so it won’t be changed.

And @tannywrites you broke the TOS. Just admit it. It doesn’t matter why, but you did, so you’ve got yourself a warning over nothing.

I haven’t contacted CS at all, but my buyer wants to, in order to change the review.

Do not let her do that.

YOU will still get a warning! Each account is allowed 3 warnings for lesser offenses before it is banned. Do not take the gamble. Furthermore, you can not simply make a new account, Fiverr does not allow that.

I just checked the review and it was quite praiseful, so it won’t be changed.

And @tannywrites you broke the TOS. Just admit it. It doesn’t matter why, but you did, so you’ve got yourself a warning over nothing.

She will only get a warning if the incident is brought to CS’s attention by her buyer or herself contacting CS about the issue. No need to worry @tannywrites further.

@tannywrites, I see you are a new seller. I understand this review was important to you. But it is not worth losing your account over.

my buyer wants to, in order to change the review

Here’s what will happen, if your buyer contacts CS.

1. CS will read the review
  2. Then they’ll review the order
  3. They’ll see the message where you asked why the buyer had given you a 3.7 star review instead of a 5 star
  4. They’ll likely temporarily restrict your account, probably issue you a warning (3 strikes and you’re out) or worse, depending on what you said in your original message to the client.

This is why people are trying to explain that you broke the Terms of Service, because you brought up the subject of reviews with your client.

Seriously, I would learn from this and just move on, and hope that your client doesn’t speak with CS about this.

my buyer wants to, in order to change the review

Here’s what will happen, if your buyer contacts CS.

1. CS will read the review
  2. Then they’ll review the order
  3. They’ll see the message where you asked why the buyer had given you a 3.7 star review instead of a 5 star
  4. They’ll likely temporarily restrict your account, probably issue you a warning (3 strikes and you’re out) or worse, depending on what you said in your original message to the client.

This is why people are trying to explain that you broke the Terms of Service, because you brought up the subject of reviews with your client.

Seriously, I would learn from this and just move on, and hope that your client doesn’t speak with CS about this.

OK thank you so much

A 3.7 review sounds like a very considered and deliberate review on the part of your buyer. To say “The buyer didn’t mean to drop the review” doesn’t quite cut it - they clearly did mean it - which is why they left it.

The review is in fact above average, and therefore it’s not bad at all.

However, I suspect you were just annoyed that you didn’t get a 5 star review - which seems to be the default assumption among new buyers who think they always deliver a perfect product.

However, by contacting the buyer asking them to change their review you have breached Fiverr’s terms of service, which could lead to an account warning or permanent suspension.

You will of course have read Fiverr’s terms of service when you signed up to Fiverr.

I didn’t message CS, but the buyer so how did I violate TOS

You really need to ask why coercing a buyer to change their review is against the ToS?

Really?

It’s in the ToS that you can’t do that.

It’s deeply concerning that you think coercion is fine as long as it’s to the buyer and not CS.

Reviews aren’t a tool for bias.

Goodness this is unethical.

You really need to ask why coercing a buyer to change their review is against the ToS?

Really?

It’s in the ToS that you can’t do that.

It’s deeply concerning that you think coercion is fine as long as it’s to the buyer and not CS.

Reviews aren’t a tool for bias.

Pretty much summarises the forums these days.

It’s my own experience.
If buyer by their own will want to change their review…, then they can change it by contacting Fiverr CS.

I too had change my own review to one buyer.
I gave on buyer very bad review (very unprofessional) …, but i regrets it…,
So i contact Fiverr CS…, and told them want to change my own review to this buyer to more be positive. They allowed it…,

This is my own experience with changing our own review.

Archived