Fiverr Community Forum

Can a buyer still be able to give you a bad rating after being blocked?

Not sure if this is the place to post this question and this is my first post. (Any help is greatly appreciated!)

I was wondering if a buyer who is blocked upon order completion would still be able to leave a negative review on my account?

Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

Short answer is yes. Wouldn’t really be fair for sellers to avoid a review by blocking a buyer.

Imagine you bought something off of Amazon and, for whatever reason, you weren’t pleased with your experience, when you go to post a review about your experience, you realized you were block and can no longer voice your opinion…that’d be rather frustrating, and the same applies here.

That’s the best answer I can give based on your question

8 Likes

Thanks urdeke,

Makes sense, and thanks for reaching out.

This is so frustrating because the buyer was constantly asking for additional free work that was not within the scope of the gig she had selected and paid for.

4 Likes

Hi, sorry this happened to you!
Hopefully you will not get a bad review.

2 Likes

I imagined you were dealing with a difficult buyer, but if they do leave a review just make sure to also leave them a review stating your experience as well.

If she had hint that she’d leave a bad review for you not agreeing to do extra work for free, then you may report her, but if not then there’s very little you can do…and as such you shouldn’t really worry too much about it.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Thanks misscrystal, I hope so too.

2 Likes

You are welcome to let us know if you get a review. I will be wondering about that.

1 Like

Urdeke,

I actually reached out to customer support regarding this issue and all they did was tell me to work it out with the buyer (Which I did numerous times prior to reaching out to them).

If what you have mentioned above happens, I will make sure to do so.

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Misscrystal,

Will do for sure! Im just hoping I don’t get dinged for this since I did my part in providing/completing the original gig’s work, being professional and taking the time to verify and understand what the seller was looking for during the process.

3 Likes

Don’t worry,

If buyer has given a bad review then in the reply of that review make it clear that what was the reason behind that.

It will affect the rating but you won’t lose other buyers’ trust. That’s what I learnt from my experience.

4 Likes

psychowriter,

Im sorry you went through it too! I will definitely do so. Thanks!

3 Likes

I’ve only had that happen one time a while ago and I cancelled the order. The buyer kept saying things like ok so you said you would do this for my whole family, when I didn’t say that. I couldn’t continue under that circumstance with that buyer. The third time it happened I cancelled it.

1 Like

You are welcome.
Good luck.

1 Like

Update: Seller did leave feedback, but I am not able to view her review until I do one myself.

2 Likes

Are you going to give her feedback and if so will you mention she wanted more than the order was for?

1 Like

Yeah,

I left this as a review.

Buyer was difficult to work with. I tried to clarify and explain to buyer a number of times to fully understand what they sought for in gig. Thought we had reached a mutual understanding of what the gig entails before advancing. Buyer not satisfied but requested addtl work not within scope of gig.

2 Likes

Yes you have to review first.

After that in the reply of that buyer’s review clarify the main reason behind bad rating and it will be effective for future purposes.

1 Like

Yes he can give you any type of ratting because when you block any buyer he disconnected with your conversation not with order.

1 Like