Fiverr Community Forum

Can anyone tell me anything on Join Ventures?

I’ve heard the term brought up a lot in different circles but it makes me nervous. I don’t want to start spamming people or reaching out in the wrong areas or the wrong ways. Can anyone let me know some Do’s and Dont’s of trying to establish joint ventures?

Thanks a ton!

1 Like

That is a term meaning a project that is worked on by two or more people.

joint ven·ture

a commercial enterprise undertaken jointly by two or more parties that otherwise retain their distinct identities.

I don’t think this term applies to what you do here on fiverr. You are not forming business partnerships with others. You are doing jobs for people.

2 Likes

So, in other words, you’re looking to collaborate with other Fiverr sellers? Contacting other sellers via Fiverr.com is tricky as the messages would be considered as spammage.

3 Likes

It sounds like you have a brain but haven’t found the on switch. Until you do, you are doomed to fail in everything.

Thanks for the input so far. I’ve heard of successful voice talent sellers on Fiverr who have joint ventures and I just wasn’t sure what exactly that entailed. I wasn’t sure how to go about forming them or if certain things were against the rules.

I suggest adding a short one-liner on your gig descriptions+FAQ. Along the lines of “I’m opened to collaborating with other XYZ sellers” or something. Just to play it safe! :bulb:

2 Likes

Why do you want a joint venture? What are you trying to do?

Do you mean you want other sellers to join you in something and if so what?

1 Like

Oh nice! That’s a great idea! I didn’t think of that. I will do that!

1 Like

I want joint ventures because I want any other way I can improve my sales. And I’ve heard from enough successful voice talents on this site that they do these. I’m trying to figure out what they even mean. Hence the title of this conversation topic.

1 Like

They might mean that as voice over artists they work with other sellers who produce videos.

Well that would be disappointing if that’s what they meant as I thought this would be another avenue of work! :sweat::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

They might give you work as part of the videos they produce if you have a joint venture with them, rather than hiring other artists. It’s not a term I’ve heard used on fiverr.

Hmmm, good thoughts. Well tank you for your thoughts towards it!