Can Fitness Trainers survive on Fiverr?

heroicbrutality

There is heavy competition on Fiverr for personal trainers so I’ve seen, yet 99.99 percent of them don’t really seem to make all that much. I’ve noticed they are severely undercharging for their services like creating workout and diet plans for less than 30 dollars.

I actually charge much more than most of them with some of my workout plans going over 125 dollars and because I am new and other trainers aren’t doing too well, I am worried no one will buy because I am expensive. I am expensive because I believe workout plans are an investment to one’s health, the higher price will force customers to commit to going to the gym (which is GOOD) and that I can do an excellent job with my gigs. But is Fiverr the right place for fitness? Are there any successful personal trainers here on Fiverr?

Anyone can be successful here on Fiverr, so long as they are willing to do the work required to reach out to their target market. Too many new sellers think that they can just create a gig, and the money will come rolling in. Unfortunately, that’s not how business works, and, by default, that’s not how it works here on Fiverr either. You need to have a service people need, a target market that is connected to your service, and a strong work ethic willing to do the marketing, promotion, and constant upkeep on a great service that outpaces your competition.

Contrary to what many people seem to think, Fiverr is not an easy, get-rich-quick website. It is merely a place where freelance professionals host their services. There is a catalog of services here, that might draw some people who need your services, but it is still up to you to do the work necessary to connect to the majority of your market.

The general idea of Fiverr I believe does not start with making all your service is worth at the start. This is what I mean. A lot of new buyers assume they can start with what their services are actually worth. The prevalent environment of Fiverr does not really favour that. A simpler way will be to first focus of building trust by maintaining a good service at an affordable rate, then after a while, you may upgrade your pricing, especially when you have build a customer circle.

Obviously, if you are very good as a professional trainer but you have no reviews yet on Fiverr because you are a new seller, it still may not get you the right jobs because a few will try you. Build your reviews then gradually upgrade your service costs. That is my one pence advice

I think anything has opportunity to succeed or fail. I think you should focus on how to deliver your message for your product, and refine that message. What or why would someone want your diet and workout plans over the others? What makes it special? does it work? do you have proof? Before and afters? If I were to purchase this plan, I would ask first the requirements I would need to use such a plan. Do I have to buy supplements? special foods? equipment?

ALSO In your case, you should look at Fiverr as a tool, not a market. Ask yourself if you were looking for the information/plans that is offered… How or where would you look to obtain it? And from there, you could pursue that and possibly advertise/promote your gig and why you are recommended.

Anyone can be successful here on Fiverr, so long as they are willing to do the work required to reach out to their target market. Too many new sellers think that they can just create a gig, and the money will come rolling in. Unfortunately, that’s not how business works, and, by default, that’s not how it works here on Fiverr either. You need to have a service people need, a target market that is connected to your service, and a strong work ethic willing to do the marketing, promotion, and constant upkeep on a great service that outpaces your competition.

Contrary to what many people seem to think, Fiverr is not an easy, get-rich-quick website. It is merely a place where freelance professionals host their services. There is a catalog of services here, that might draw some people who need your services, but it is still up to you to do the work necessary to connect to the majority of your market.

I agree. I love this. I just don’t want to sound brash when I say I am expensive expecting to be rolling in dough, for a moment I believed that Fiverr was a “blue ocean” since there aren’t that many trainers on here.

There is heavy competition on Fiverr for personal trainers so I’ve seen, yet 99.99 percent of them don’t really seem to make all that much. I’ve noticed they are severely undercharging for their services like creating workout and diet plans for less than 30 dollars.

I actually charge much more than most of them with some of my workout plans going over 125 dollars and because I am new and other trainers aren’t doing too well, I am worried no one will buy because I am expensive. I am expensive because I believe workout plans are an investment to one’s health, the higher price will force customers to commit to going to the gym (which is GOOD) and that I can do an excellent job with my gigs. But is Fiverr the right place for fitness? Are there any successful personal trainers here on Fiverr?

I’ve noticed they are severely undercharging for their services like creating workout and diet plans for less than 30 dollars.

Just because they charge less than you doesn’t mean they’re undercharging. If they’re giving everyone the same diet and workout plan, then $30 or less is a lot of money for very little work. Even if they customize a few details, it’s still great money.

If you’re new and want to get reviews, high prices isn’t the way to do it.

I am expensive because I believe workout plans are an investment to one’s health,

The marketplace is free to disagree. Look at fitness center, Planet Fitness lets you join for $10 a month. Other fancy centers charge $100, some even go for $1,000.

You need to look at your market from their point of view, not yours. Successful personal trainers here do that. They also think outside the box, find a unique niche, maybe offer personal training by ■■■■■, or have niche gigs about Yoga, crossfit, etc.

the higher price will force customers to commit to going to the gym

Nope. Only motivation can do that, and some people don’t have it. Other times is a question of priorities, do I spend $65 twice a week on a personal trainer for a grand total of $520 a month or $6,240 a year or do I pay my rent, groceries, bills, go on vacation, etc?

For many people, fitness is not an investment, it’s an expense, a luxury.

Your type of gig works best when you have youtube videos of yourself doing some routines or giving advice. Also as you probably know, coaching people in fitness online isn’t going to pay as much as doing it in person, unless you are a well known athlete on youtube.

As others have said you can’t charge a high price when you are new and have no reviews. That won’t work most likely.
I took years of only having gigs for $5 before raising my prices, because it took that long to establish a good reputation.

Your type of gig works best when you have youtube videos of yourself doing some routines or giving advice. Also as you probably know, coaching people in fitness online isn’t going to pay as much as doing it in person, unless you are a well known athlete on youtube.

As others have said you can’t charge a high price when you are new and have no reviews. That won’t work most likely.

I took years of only having gigs for $5 before raising my prices, because it took that long to establish a good reputation.

I understand. I noticed on Fiverr people are looking for much higher value for lower prices. Maybe I can try charging much less and doing more for others. Over time I could increase my prices after getting reviews and testimonials

Wow that really is undercharging!

The problem with doing consultation work on Fiverr is that it’s very hard to scale the work. Consultation work is not systematic and tailored to each client. So I’d say that at the very least your profit growth is limited to how many orders you can fill per hour or day or whatever unit of measurement you’d like. But of course, as you say, if it’s competitive it’s hard to get work period let alone enough to fill a day.

I’d say the way to stand out against the competition in a consultation gig is with a strong personal brand. I’ve found giving free advice in my gig descriptions and videos has helped me get more sales. People appreciate that I take the time to do that, plus I’ve established that I know what I’m talking about. That’s very important in consultation gigs.

Personally I’ve steered away from consultation work on Fiverr and mostly concentrate on other things. It’s just too hard to make it profitable, plus a lot of people misunderstand what they get from consult work and I’ve found I spend a lot of time explaining it to prospects who message me about it. It’s an abstract concept for a lot of people, even if you offer tangible deliverables like a recipe or something.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand. I noticed on Fiverr people are looking for much higher value for lower prices. Maybe I can try charging much less and doing more for others. Over time I could increase my prices after getting reviews and testimonials

I don’t know if that even works anymore. I’ve had a low price that attacks people to my gig and I don’t know what happens when all of a sudden the account picks up and then after a few weeks it goes back down. What I’ve found is increasing price even after much more reviews has never really helped much.

Archived