Fiverr Community Forum

Can Fiverr Do Something About The Cancellation Rate And Accidentatly Buyers?

I really like working with Fiverr. It’s been an amazing experience, however I really think they need to do something about the Cancellation Rate.

I really try to do my best in order to evade cancellations as I like a very clean profile, but sometimes there is nothing we sellers could really do. If someone buys a gig “by mistake” and wants a refund, we could not do anything. It’s either we refund him, or they place a bad review. If we contact support, then they will cancel the order. It will still effect our cancellation rate.

The thing that makes me disappointed is that I try to do my best to keep everything clean and not getting an order cancelled, then a buyer just comes out of the blues - buys your gig and says “Sorry, I don’t want it now” or “I’ve changed my mind” and they just cancel it.

I had this happen to me 3 times. One of them just bought the package, even though I state in BIG BOLD LETTERS to contact me before doing so and he wanted a refund because it’s not what he wanted. The other one bought the package so he could do harm to me and requested me to do something I don’t do, the other one changed his mind because he found something cheaper.

I contacted support and they cancelled it themselves, it still effected my cancellation rate. This is not good, that means that my gig can go down in rating and I could get fewer sales all because of buyer’s mistake. It’s not like it’s our fault, but we still get hit hard with this.

All were cancelled by Fiverr support - and my cancellation rate still went down.

Can’t Fiverr just implement a system where we can both agree that the buyer did a “Mistake” and bought the order by mistake and THAT will NOT effect our cancellation rate? If the buyer does this “Mistake” more then a few times, then he would get a warning or something.

It’s not cool to do everything you can and still get effected by this cancellation rate in a bad way. I love Fiverr as I said, but I just wish to post my suggestion here for me and for many other sellers which is something that I don’t like.

Thanks!

6 Likes

If you and the buyer agree to mutually cancel (which you can select in the resolution center) it shouldn’t affect your order completion rate permanently. It will go down for a few days, but it should go back up to 100% on its own.

I had this happen last week. By the time CS looked at it (because I didn’t think it was fair my completion rate had gone down because of a mistake) it was already back to 100%.

Yes! I am facing the same problem! For buyers mistake, I do suffering the cancellation rate! Fiverr should come up with some solution!