Fiverr Community Forum

Can I add Fiverr to my Work Experience in resume/CV?

Hi there,
I was polishing my resume for a new job application here. I wanted to ask if I can mention Fiverr as my work experience, I guess it pretty much increases your credibility since you make money yourself independently. Has anyone done this here before? What happened? :smiley:

Thanks

2 Likes

It is a personally owned business.

You can add something along the lines of:

Independent contractor for internet sales:

-Fill customer orders by packaging sold items and documentation for direct shipping or by transferring orders to manufacturers or third-party distributors.

-Receive and process payments from customers, using electronic transaction services.

-Create, manage, or automate orders or invoices, using order management or invoicing software.

-Deliver e-mail confirmation of completed transactions and shipment.

-Correspond with online customers via electronic mail, telephone, or other electronic messaging to address questions or complaints about products, policies, or shipping methods.

-Purchase new or used items from online or physical sources for resale via retail or auction Web site.

-Determine and set product prices.

-Calculate purchase subtotals, taxes, and shipping costs for submission to customers.

-Compose descriptions of merchandise for posting to online storefront, auction sites, or other shopping Web sites.

-Compose images of products, using video or still cameras, lighting equipment, props, or photo or video editing software.

Skills:

-Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.

-Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.

-Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.

-Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.

-Persuasion — Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.

-Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.

-Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.

-Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.

-Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.

-Negotiation — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.

Work abilities:

Interacting With Computers — Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.

Getting Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.

Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events — Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.

Processing Information — Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.

Selling or Influencing Others — Convincing others to buy merchandise/goods or to otherwise change their minds or actions.

Making Decisions and Solving Problems — Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.

Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships — Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.

Documenting/Recording Information — Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.

Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge — Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.

Communicating with Persons Outside Organization — Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.

11 Likes

Reply to @ardicus: wow, thanks for these. These seem really professional :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not a problem. Be proud of your work and use it. Heck I’ve even used leadership in a gaming community once in a resume and landed that job.

And since my fiverr has taken off and I’m bound for level 2 in a couple of days, i have already added it to my resume.

1 Like

@animevideo It depends on what type of job you are applying to. If you offer a writing service on fiverr and applying for writing job then that company may have objections in your commitment to your own business. They might think that you won;t perform 100% in job because you have to maintain your fiverr also… So, it better to keep fiverr as a full time business or a secret :slight_smile:

For me it is full time employment :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Reply to @best_seo: Thanks and glad to hear that. The job I’m applying for is as An Assistant in an Aerospace Lab, the were desiring at-least an year of experience in any filed, so I thought I’d add as Freelance Copywriter and Graphic Designer since I do both :slight_smile:

Thanks for your comment :slight_smile:

1 Like

Reply to @ardicus: haha That is so cool :smiley: must have been a really good-funny moment for you, you deserve that :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK, so this is old as shit and the above user is no longer on Fiverr, but c’mon guys. http://careers.collegetoolkit.com/career-search/criteria/work-activities.aspx

My 2 cents: don’t mention Fiverr, mention your own online business. Use this hokey stuff ^ to pad out your resume, or, you know, talk about your actual achievements.

2 Likes

My two cent: Don’t use the same lines as written above. You can easily look them up with any search engine. If your potentially new employer does this, you’re screwed. I was working in a human resources department, I’ve searched a lot and found even more. Write them in your own words, don’t exaggerate. Be honest. They may even ask you for your profile, you don’t have to tell them at all – never –, but if you do, they could possibly find something else you didn’t tell yet.

3 Likes

I know this is an old post, but I am considering adding my freelancing experience to my resume.

However, I am not convinced I should - while applying for a job within a multinational company.

@emmaki, as I highly value your opinion, would you advise me to do it or not?

2 Likes

Up to you. The link I shared above looks like geocities junk, but look at the words. Them’s good CV fluff words.

I’d skip the Fiverr bit. just say you were a consultant (avoid the whole freelancing thing) and burble about issues you solved, how you made $$$$ for your clients and all the usual CV fluff.

So one e.g. in that link is

Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.

Just add in specifics between the blurb. You analyzed Acme Corps underwear drawer and were disappointed at the sagging gray underpants that offered no support. After careful evaluation of this critical lack of support, you offered a solution: crips new undercrackers for all. This solved the ugly underwear issue and made many employees happy and more productive, as they were no longer demoralized by the unsightly–and thankfully out of sight, but you just know, don’t you?–grundies, making Acme 1 quadrillion buckeroos in the next quarter. It was all down to the beastly underwear of doom in the end.

Multicorp: wow, she’s really good. Let’s hire her. I’ve always thought our underwear policy needed revision Brian, and this candidate has the chops to do it for us!

5 Likes

Thank you so much! :blush:

1 Like

If it is something that will interfere with your potential job and turn them off, no, leave it off. The skills may be something you mention in the skill section if you have that.

2 Likes

I need it to count as experience. Because I am 24 years old, I need to find a way to incorporate it into my resume, otherwise, I would look bad with no previous work experience.

However, I have to do it in such way that it looks professional.

1 Like

Hire a resume writer on Fiverr!

Sure you can. Its work experience right? Write it down!

1 Like

You just pretty much owned this thread and my respect. Good job mate.

Ah, now I remember why I would post such a link.

He copied and pasted it, passing it off as his own. Just look at my crappy link that actually has some good shit. Why yes, it’s exactly the same. Only I bothered to actually add something original to it after pointing out the poor plagiarism effort.

I don’t think he owned the thread at all. He’s not even on Fiverr anymore :cry::cry::cry:

2 Likes

I think it is depend on Job that you want to apply.

If the Job you want to apply is very similar to your Fiverr service, You should not mentioned Fiverr in your CV. Other wise it will be OK.

You haven’t read the last few posts have you?

Your loss.