Fiverr Community Forum

Can I Arrange a Payment Plan With Clients?

So I have an interested potential client, and they are asking for a larger project than what I promote in my gig. While that’s great, and I quickly learned how to Generate a Custom Offer for them, I would like to ask, if it’s a payment that’s going to be over $100, does Fiverr have a way of allowing them to pay small amounts at a time? Or will I have to ask them to break it into several smaller gigs?

This is someone unfamiliar to Fiverr so I really don’t want to ask them to do too much or I’ll likely lose the order.

Thanks in advance for your help :slight_smile:

You would have to see if you can offer “Milestones” in your Gig. This would break the job into increments.

GG

Thanks! Where can I find out more about milestones?

I think you would have to go into where you EDIT your Gig to see if Milestones are available to you. I am not sure if you need to be a leveled seller before you can offer this though, and this may be why you will not see it. Oddly enough, I went to look at some of my Gigs, and I have been here forever - and I cannot find the milestone thing.

Ah! I just remembered how you do it. It is not in the Gig itself. If your client wants to do this in steps, you need to send them a CUSTOM OFFER (if you can - I am not sure if you need to be a leveled seller to do this as well) and, I think it is there where it will ask if it is a one off job or if you want to do this in increments.

GG

1 Like

Thanks gg will try that!

No problem! Good luck!

GG

I’d break it up into smaller orders to protect yourself.

1 Like

I tend to agree - I have read on the forum of “horror stories” involving the “milestones” offering.

OP, do a search on the forum for posts related to the subject of “milestones” and read up on it before you decide how to proceed.

GG

1 Like

Check this out: https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/working-with-milestone