Can i ask buyer about their life, profession and daily routine?

invisible1518

Can i ask buyer about something like their profession and life???

Only if you want them to see you as unprofessional (the best case scenario) or as a crazy stalker or possibly a criminal.

Just being casual with him when I have time

What makes you think that someone who hires you to do a job wants some idle chit-chat just because you’re bored? If you wish to talk to someone, don’t you have friends and family?

How It can be harmful???

They could think that you’re unprofessional or a maniac, give you such a terrible feedback that nobody who reads it wants to work with you, report you for highly inappropriate behavior (and you could get permanently banned for that)…

What gave you the idea to ask your buyer private questions?

i would say only if such information was important to the gig. otherwise, there really isn’t any point. in a store, a clerk may engage in small talk while your being checked out, but here it could honestly come across as a little creepy, and if you’re not careful you could come across like you’re trying to commit identity theft

If it’s in any way related to the service you provide, you can (and should) ask that. If you’re just trying to make small talk, you’re risking to make someone uncomfortable. Don’t do that.

Perfect answer. I think that one may say that, “I am copywriter” or “I am a full time freelancer”

or" I am a graphic designer" etc.

Only if you want them to see you as unprofessional (the best case scenario) or as a crazy stalker or possibly a criminal.

Just being casual with him when I have time

What makes you think that someone who hires you to do a job wants some idle chit-chat just because you’re bored? If you wish to talk to someone, don’t you have friends and family?

How It can be harmful???

They could think that you’re unprofessional or a maniac, give you such a terrible feedback that nobody who reads it wants to work with you, report you for highly inappropriate behavior (and you could get permanently banned for that)…

What gave you the idea to ask your buyer private questions?

I completed the order and he was also free so I thought about some chit-chat. Therefore I asked community about this

Archived