Can I ask for a review to my client in the message box?

salam337

Hi all,
I am Salam, nice to meet you all out there. I have created my gig around 10 days ago and did my first 2 orders (from same client) last week. When I showed my work to client before delivery, he was very pleased with my work. So I asked him to give me a review after accepting my delivery. He was a nice guy and he warned me not to ask for any review from any client, he told that it may lead to ban my account!

My question is: Is it true that I cannot ask for a review after my work (don’t seem logical to me!)? If that is true, can you refer me to some link where this is mentioned?

Thank you all for your nice co-operation!

Let us all help each other to make a better world.

I think if you type “review” or something similar in the chat you could even get a warning message, same as when you type “pay” or “outside of Fiverr”. As sellers we are not supposed to ask for reviews, which for me makes total sense 🙂 if a buyer wishes to leave a review, they will do it spontaneously.

Hi all,

I am Salam, nice to meet you all out there. I have created my gig around 10 days ago and did my first 2 orders (from same client) last week. When I showed my work to client before delivery, he was very pleased with my work. So I asked him to give me a review after accepting my delivery. He was a nice guy and he warned me not to ask for any review from any client, he told that it may lead to ban my account!

My question is: Is it true that I cannot ask for a review after my work (don’t seem logical to me!)? If that is true, can you refer me to some link where this is mentioned?

He was a nice guy and he warned me not to ask for any review from any client, he told that it may lead to ban my account!

He was exactly right.

It is up to a buyer as to whether they wish to leave a review or not.

There have been many forum posts where sellers have got a warning for discussing a review.

Best to just leave your buyer alone and move on.

Check out this post topic: Asking for Reviews - This is what CS said

I think if you type “review” or something similar in the chat you could even get a warning message, same as when you type “pay” or “outside of Fiverr”. As sellers we are not supposed to ask for reviews, which for me makes total sense 🙂 if a buyer wishes to leave a review, they will do it spontaneously.

Thanks for your feedback.

My question is: Is there any articles/guidelines from where I can know this type of rules? That may help me to learn!

FYI: I had read ‘Community Standards’, but there I didn’t find any rules like this.

Thanks again for your nice co-operation.

Hi all,

Is it true that I cannot ask for a review after my work (don’t seem logical to me!)?

Yes. Fiverr already reminds buyers to leave a review, and does it twice. Asking for a review yet again would just be annoying.

If that is true, can you refer me to some link where this is mentioned?

@lloydsolutions left you the link, but it looks like you’ve ignored it.

He was a nice guy and he warned me not to ask for any review from any client, he told that it may lead to ban my account!

He was exactly right.

There have been many forum posts where sellers have got a warning for discussing a review.

Thanks for clarification. Now the things are clear to me.

Is it true that I cannot ask for a review after my work (don’t seem logical to me!)?

Yes. Fiverr already reminds buyers to leave a review, and does it twice. Asking for a review yet again would just be annoying.

If that is true, can you refer me to some link where this is mentioned?

@lloydsolutions left you the link, but it looks like you’ve ignored it.

@lloydsolutions left you the link, but it looks like you’ve ignored it

Thanks Dear, Yes, Somehow I missed that link. Now things are clear to me.

Hi all,

Is it true that I cannot ask for a review after my work (don’t seem logical to me!)? If that is true, can you refer me to some link where this is mentioned?

reading the TOS might help … you are not allowed to discuss about reviews with your clients.

Thanks for your feedback.

My question is: Is there any articles/guidelines from where I can know this type of rules? That may help me to learn!

FYI: I had read ‘Community Standards’, but there I didn’t find any rules like this.

I asked CS and this is what they said ⬇️

image.png.cada7ae89900ebfd3b8d05d7e7a526ab.png
image814×400 21 KB

He was exactly right.

Hi Salam,

It’s right, now you have got the idea that asking the buyer for reviews is not allowed on Fiverr. The Fiverr may ban your account or send a warning. So, never do this again.

May you find good clients that can themselves value your work.

All the best.

Thanks.

Mehar Ali

Hi Salam,

It’s right, now you have got the idea that asking the buyer for reviews is not allowed on Fiverr. The Fiverr may ban your account or send a warning. So, never do this again.

May you find good clients that can themselves value your work.

All the best.

Thanks.

Mehar Ali

You have responded to the wrong person.

Hi @salam337, I want to say that you had a good client. No buyer suggest seller like this. That the buyer was very good & honest. So, try to understand Fiverr TOS. You can not ask for Review & others like payment, email etc. If you say like this you will get restricted. S, Learn fiverr TOS and be sincere about that. WIsh your success. Here is the link-
https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service?source=footer

Thanks
digantasarkar01

Archived