Can I change 4.7 stars

sandew123

In the real world a 4.7 is not considered a bad review. On Fiverr though we tend to think of it like a slap to the face.

Customer Support will not change a honest review left by a buyer. If it was a malicious review from a competitor then maybe, even then it’s highly doubtful.

Have you already forgotten that you asked a very similar question in another thread and got many replies? Here is the reply I gave you and you can ignore it if you like, but it is the same advice I would give again:

If you want to ask a buyer to change a review, you should seriously contact Support first and ask them. You could easily be banned if you just ask the buyer outright.

It is still not a bad idea to ask Customer Support if they see any issues with the review. There has been a known glitch in the mobile app where buyers try to leave a review and it doesn’t leave the correct rating. This is a question for Support, though, not for the buyer.

I am glad that you use the forum, but you might want to try to remember past advice that is given to you. Good luck.

Sorry for the newb question but in what situation would it be a good idea to go to the resolution center and use the ‘request buyer to change rating/review’ option? And, if it is against ToS, in what kinda situation would it not be against ToS to use that section of the resolution center? @fonthaunt

Just to make myself clear… I am not questioning the reasoning behind it. I am only asking cuz I have no idea.

Instead of asking for a better review, maybe you could look in the review itself, see what factors did not get 5 stars all the way across, and ask your buyer what you can do to improve for next time. If it’s something you can improve in your work quality, communication, response, etc., it can be something to help guarantee excellent reviews all the time.

I once received a 3.7 and a glowing review from a regular buyer we have a great working relationship with. I contacted him and asked if it was the review he meant to leave (and if it was I was totally fine with that).

He said he’s meant to leave 5.0 and had no idea what happened. I’ve sent a feedback change request via Resolution Center and the buyer changed the review to 5.0.

However, it says at the bottom of the form that you have a limited amount of feedback change requests you can send out. So I personally wouldn’t waste them on 4.7 and 4.3 reviews.

4.7 and 4.3 reviews are often a glitch and I wouldn’t say they are “not that bad” given fiverr’s 4.8 policy. But if you only got one or two of them I think you can leave them be.

Sorry for the newb question but in what situation would it be a good idea to go to the resolution center and use the ‘request buyer to change rating/review’ option? And, if it is against ToS, in what kinda situation would it not be against ToS to use that section of the resolution center? @fonthaunt

Just to make myself clear… I am not questioning the reasoning behind it. I am only asking cuz I have no idea.

n what situation would it be a good idea to go to the resolution center and use the ‘request buyer to change rating/review’ option?

If you have contacted Support to ask about an issue with a buyer and a Support agent tells you that it is a good time to ask the buyer if they would like an opportunity to change the review.

if it is against ToS, in what kinda situation would it not be against ToS to use that section of the resolution center?

ToS is kind of delicate on this. I mean, it’s not technically against ToS to use the Resolution center to ask a buyer to reconsider a review unless the request would be considered manipulation. The problem is: how can you decide as a seller whether Fiverr will see your request as manipulation or not? As a seller myself, I don’t even try to decide. I just ask Support every time if I would like to check with a buyer about a feedback change. I never use the word “review” when speaking to buyers unless a Support agent has directly recommended that I do so. That seems to keep me safe, so far, and I will keep recommending it to other sellers.

Instead of asking for a better review, maybe you could look in the review itself, see what factors did not get 5 stars all the way across, and ask your buyer what you can do to improve for next time. If it’s something you can improve in your work quality, communication, response, etc., it can be something to help guarantee excellent reviews all the time.

You’re never guaranteed excellent reviews all the time, regardless of work ethic - unreasonable people and scammers abound.

n what situation would it be a good idea to go to the resolution center and use the ‘request buyer to change rating/review’ option?

If you have contacted Support to ask about an issue with a buyer and a Support agent tells you that it is a good time to ask the buyer if they would like an opportunity to change the review.

if it is against ToS, in what kinda situation would it not be against ToS to use that section of the resolution center?

ToS is kind of delicate on this. I mean, it’s not technically against ToS to use the Resolution center to ask a buyer to reconsider a review unless the request would be considered manipulation. The problem is: how can you decide as a seller whether Fiverr will see your request as manipulation or not? As a seller myself, I don’t even try to decide. I just ask Support every time if I would like to check with a buyer about a feedback change. I never use the word “review” when speaking to buyers unless a Support agent has directly recommended that I do so. That seems to keep me safe, so far, and I will keep recommending it to other sellers.

Right, same here! I once tried to use the resolution center to get a clearly misleading, and untrue rating removed - asking the buyer to simply give an honest rating around our communication, and if the gig was carried out as described in my gig description - both of which I did, easily verifiable. Subsequently, I received a warning on my account about trying to “manipulate” the buyer, which 100% didn’t happen.So, I don’t use it for that reason anymore. I go directly to support.

You’re never guaranteed excellent reviews all the time, regardless of work ethic - unreasonable people and scammers abound.

I didn’t say you should be guaranteed any sort of review, what I said was to ask the buyer what you could do to make sure your:

• Communication With Seller
  • Service as Described, or
  • Buy Again or Recommend factors could be improved to give better service next time, as this is the criteria the buyer is judging.

Maybe there was something that could be better? One of the first ratings a got when I started was a 4, and I asked my client that question, and he gave me important feedback on how I could improve. And I improved. I didn’t ask him to change my rating, nor did I need him to. The feedback he gave me was worth much more than a star. I wasn’t looking to game the Fiverr system to get a bump in the algorithm–I was, and am, wanting to find ways to improve my business here.

And each month is better than the previous one. As for scammers, maybe I’ve been lucky. When I sold mostly $5 gigs and the like, people did on occasion try to take advantage of the situation. But once I increased my prices, those people dropped away and I’ve had longstanding relationships with a lot of great people.

I would take the 4.7 and look for ways to improve. Make it as hard as possible for people not to give you a 5.

Much success to you all!

Andy

I didn’t say you should be guaranteed any sort of review, what I said was to ask the buyer what you could do to make sure your:

• Communication With Seller
  • Service as Described, or
  • Buy Again or Recommend factors could be improved to give better service next time, as this is the criteria the buyer is judging.

Maybe there was something that could be better? One of the first ratings a got when I started was a 4, and I asked my client that question, and he gave me important feedback on how I could improve. And I improved. I didn’t ask him to change my rating, nor did I need him to. The feedback he gave me was worth much more than a star. I wasn’t looking to game the Fiverr system to get a bump in the algorithm–I was, and am, wanting to find ways to improve my business here.

And each month is better than the previous one. As for scammers, maybe I’ve been lucky. When I sold mostly $5 gigs and the like, people did on occasion try to take advantage of the situation. But once I increased my prices, those people dropped away and I’ve had longstanding relationships with a lot of great people.

I would take the 4.7 and look for ways to improve. Make it as hard as possible for people not to give you a 5.

Much success to you all!

Andy

My point is, and was – as a successful freelancer my goal is to provide outstanding service – each and every order I get, with the hopes of entering into a long-term relationship with my buyer. If you can establish a solid core of repeat customers that’s half the battle. BUT - unreasonable people and scammers abound, and their expectations are unreasonable.

There’s only so much asking the buyer what more could do – that I’m willing to do. Otherwise you open yourself up to be manipulated and taken advantage of. To be quite frank, I just don’t have the time.

If I do what I do to the best of my ability, based on my gig description and details - that are exceedingly clear - then I’ve done my job.

It would be a good idea if the buyer accidental gave you a 1 star rating instead of a 5. I had a buyer apologize for the 3.7 rating and they stated it was done in error.

• Communication With Seller (5)
  • Service as Described (1)
  • Buy Again or Recommend (5)

We both opened a review request and he was able to update it in a few minutes time.

It would be a good idea if the buyer accidental gave you a 1 star rating instead of a 5. I had a buyer apologize for the 3.7 rating and they stated it was done in error.

We both opened a review request and he was able to update it in a few minutes time.

I’ve had that a few times as well! Easily resolved via the Resolution Center.

I just gave my buyer 1 star rating :crazy_face: Because my buyer gave me a 3.7 star for no apparent reason and hopefully this is a lesson for my buyer. I hope my buyer can move on like the sellers.

Archived