Can I Change a Review?

flavioteron13

No, once given, a review can not be changed.

In the past, we have also been told on this Forum that sellers have gotten warnings on their accounts for review manipulation even though the buyer asked to change the review.

I am curious, did the seller ask you to chaange the review?

In the past, we have also been told on this Forum that sellers have gotten warnings on their accounts for review manipulation even though the buyer asked to change the review.

@vickiespencer

Yes you are right. Your comment is very helpful.

Thank you

No They didnt ask me to change it . I just wanted to change it as my opinion on the service kinda changed after a few days .

Contact Fiverr support. support@fiverr.com

No, no, no do not do that. As I said, it has been reported on the Forum that when the buyer or the seller asks to have a review changed the seller usually ends up with a warning. Please be careful about giving advice that could get someone in trouble.

No They didnt ask me to change it

That is good, because if CS saw that they would for sure give the seller a warning. It is best to just leave it alone.

No, no, no do not do that. As I said, it has been reported on the Forum that when the buyer or the seller asks to have a review changed the seller usually ends up with a warning. Please be careful about giving advice that could get someone in trouble.

No They didnt ask me to change it

That is good, because if CS saw that they would for sure give the seller a warning. It is best to just leave it alone.

If seller didn’t ask to change the review, why the CS ever put a warning on seller’s profile? That doesn’t make any sense. If the buyer wanted to change the review by them self without any force from the seller, what would be the reason for CS to put a warning on? :man_shrugging:

This fellow clearly mentioned,

No They didnt ask me to change it . I just wanted to change it as my opinion on the service kinda changed after a few days .

If seller didn’t ask to change the review, why the CS ever put a warning on seller’s profile? That doesn’t make any sense. If the buyer wanted to change the review by them self without any force from the seller, what would be the reason for CS to put a warning on? :man_shrugging:

If seller didn’t ask to change the review, why the CS ever put a warning on seller’s profile?

I do not know the “why.” That is merely what I have read–here on the Forum–happened to buyers and sellers in similar situations.

If seller didn’t ask to change the review, why the CS ever put a warning on seller’s profile? That doesn’t make any sense.

You can contact CS and ask them why they choose to do it if you’re curious. You can even try to reason with them.

My guess would be they implemented zero tolerance policy to changing reviews after they got enough buyer complaints about “Please rate me 5 STAR!!!” spam. Also, no one really wants to read through the entirety of inbox messages to check if the buyer is being influenced to request a review change or not.

I’ve seen a few reports of sellers getting warnings over this. And I also saw 1 comment of someone getting their review changed after the buyer requested it last week. The point is, it’s risky. And not worth it over 4*.

If seller didn’t ask to change the review, why the CS ever put a warning on seller’s profile?

I do not know the “why.” That is merely what I have read–here on the Forum–happened to buyers and sellers in similar situations.

Also, no one really wants to read through the entirety of inbox messages to check if the buyer is being influenced to request a review change or not.

That’s insane. as you guys say, Like you get an order and you delivery then the buyer marks the order as completed. after that he leave 2 star review accidentally. Now, the seller doesn’t need to change that review or nothing even didn’t communicate about that with the buyer. Now the buyer thought by themself that they left it by mistake and they wanted to change it. so if they contacted CS by themself without even letting know the seller about that, will there be a warning on your account? would you guys still accept that warning?

Also, no one really wants to read through the entirety of inbox messages to check if the buyer is being influenced to request a review change or not.

That’s insane. as you guys say, Like you get an order and you delivery then the buyer marks the order as completed. after that he leave 2 star review accidentally. Now, the seller doesn’t need to change that review or nothing even didn’t communicate about that with the buyer. Now the buyer thought by themself that they left it by mistake and they wanted to change it. so if they contacted CS by themself without even letting know the seller about that, will there be a warning on your account? would you guys still accept that warning?

I have no idea why you’re arguing with me. I’m not CS and I do not issue warnings. Also, you can’t really “decline” an account warning. 🙂

I also specifically said it wasn’t worth it over 4*.

I have no idea why you’re arguing with me. I’m not CS and I do not issue warnings. Also, you can’t really “decline” an account warning. 🙂

I’m not CS and I do not issue warnings.

If you’re not CS, and if you’re not issuing warnings, what kind of an authority do you have to issue this statement? 🙂

no one really wants to read through the entirety of inbox messages to check if the buyer is being influenced to request a review change or not.

would you guys still accept that?

Yes, I would accept that rather than taking the chance of getting a possible warning from Fiverr. Actually, I did accept a poor review given by a buyer. I am a proofreader, and the buyer did not open my Track Changes copy. He only opened the final copy, where he thought there were no changes. He gave me a bad review and then apologized for doing so through messages.

what kind of an authority do you have to issue this statement? 🙂

@lenasemenkova is speaking from experience.

would you guys still accept that?

Yes, I would accept that rather than taking the chance of getting a possible warning from Fiverr. Actually, I did accept a poor review given by a buyer. I am a proofreader, and the buyer did not open my Track Changes copy. He only opened the final copy, where he thought there were no changes. He gave me a bad review and then apologized for doing so through messages.

what kind of an authority do you have to issue this statement? 🙂

@lenasemenkova is speaking from experience.

I did accept a poor review given by a buyer.

Yes you have to accept a poor review if buyer left so. and you can’t ask buyer to change the review and that’s also 100% fine and I do agree. but this is a totally different story isn’t it?

If you’re not CS, and if you’re not issuing warnings, what kind of an authority do you have to issue this statement? 🙂

no one really wants to read through the entirety of inbox messages to check if the buyer is being influenced to request a review change or not.

If you’re not CS, and if you’re not issuing warnings, what kind of an authority do you have to issue this statement?

It says “my guess would be” in the beginning. Which means I’m hypothesising. Please read my “statements” in their entirety. 🙂

Everybody’s so brave fighting over questionable CS decisions with other forum users, geez.

I did accept a poor review given by a buyer.

Yes you have to accept a poor review if buyer left so. and you can’t ask buyer to change the review and that’s also 100% fine and I do agree. but this is a totally different story isn’t it?

but this is a totally different story isn’t it?

No, because I could have contacted CS with screenshots of the buyer saying he had made a mistake, but I knew better than to do that because I read the experience of others on the Forum and I did not want a warning on my account!

If you want to risk getting a warning on your account when you get a buyer who tells you they want to change a review then you go ahead and do that. We are only sharing what we have seen reported on the Forum. Plus, as anyone knows who hangs out on the Forum, CS’s decisions do not always make sense or seem fair. However, it is Fiverr’s sight and they make the rules.

but this is a totally different story isn’t it?

No, because I could have contacted CS with screenshots of the buyer saying he had made a mistake, but I knew better than to do that because I read the experience of others on the Forum and I did not want a warning on my account!

If you want to risk getting a warning on your account when you get a buyer who tells you they want to change a review then you go ahead and do that. We are only sharing what we have seen reported on the Forum. Plus, as anyone knows who hangs out on the Forum, CS’s decisions do not always make sense or seem fair. However, it is Fiverr’s sight and they make the rules.

If you want to risk getting a warning on your account when you get a buyer who tells you they want to change a review then you go ahead and do that.

I think you didn’t read my comment properly. I’m talking about buyer asking for CS to change the review left by their own even letting know the seller that they want to change the review. 🙂

I’m pretty sure you end up with a warning if you ask CS about changing a review even the buyer said you that they left it my mistake and no explanation needed for that. that’s why i said i’m referring a different story.

If you want to risk getting a warning on your account when you get a buyer who tells you they want to change a review then you go ahead and do that.

I think you didn’t read my comment properly. I’m talking about buyer asking for CS to change the review left by their own even letting know the seller that they want to change the review. 🙂

I’m pretty sure you end up with a warning if you ask CS about changing a review even the buyer said you that they left it my mistake and no explanation needed for that. that’s why i said i’m referring a different story.

I think you didn’t read my comment properly.

The situation is pretty clear. Initiating the review change is risky. It doesn’t matter if the buyer initiates it without letting the seller know. I know that based on complaints I read on the forum. I know that it doesn’t make sense, it doesn’t make sense to me either. Sometimes CS will change it, sometimes they’ll slap the seller with a warning. That’s it.

I have no idea why you’re arguing with me.

They argue because you were nice enough to give a thoughtful answer.

If you’re not CS, and if you’re not issuing warnings, what kind of an authority do you have to issue this statement?

She is a seller who answered your question. She doesn’t need “authority”.

It’s incredibly rude when someone takes the time out of their day to come to the forum, give you a good answer and is met with that kind of hostility.

Do you realize these nice ladies are just sellers and not fiverr staff or customer support?

Why do you treat them with such disrespect?

I have no idea why you’re arguing with me.

I know, right. It has a bit of a “silly you, don’t you see that it doesn’t make any sense and can you read?” ring to it. I can read and CS’s position on reviews doesn’t make sense to me either. But I have enough experience dealing with CS when it comes to this to leave all my reviews as they are.

She is a seller who answered your question. She doesn’t need “authority”.

It’s incredibly rude when someone takes the time out of their day to come to the forum, give you a good answer and is met with that kind of hostility.

Do you realize these nice ladies are just sellers and not fiverr staff or customer support?

Yeah, I can agree with this comment.

It’s incredibly rude when someone takes the time out of their day to come to the forum

I didn’t say anything for you so as you say it’s better not to reply on comments that i made for someone else cause that would take your time out of your day too. 😉

Yes I know, if they were fiverr staff or customer support I would have no argument with them rather accept everything they say cause they are the one has rights on the platform.

Thoughtful answers will always have arguments.

I didn’t disrespect anyone here, I just argue to get the best out of them and I always do which is unavoidable for you. 🙂

argument or debate not always equals to disrespectfulness.

Archived