Fiverr Community Forum

Can i get buyers with a 4 hour response time?

I have had one 5 star order completed but I got a new message from a potential buyer which I didn’t reply on time and when i did he then blocked me now I have 4-hour response time, can I get an offer with that?
he just asked about the video he didn’t place an order, and he blocked me probably for the late reply

2 Likes

If that’s why he blocked you he’s a controlling jerk and good riddance. I imagine there is probably another explanation.

In any case there is no such thing as “on time”. You’re allowed to have a life and anyone who is mad that you do is not worth working with. Don’t fret about and appease people who are unreasonable.

8 Likes

Thank you!! For your reply it was really helpful to me, I’ll move on with my work.
It really hurt me.
Hopefully I’ll get better offers in the future

A 4 hour response time isn’t bad. Don’t worry about it.

Look at this way. The average human being needs about 8 hours sleep every 24 hours.

Imagine if a message came through the moment you went to sleep, and you replied the moment you woke up - that would be an 8 hour response time.

So, 4 hours is actually good.

As @humanissocial has said, you’re allowed a life. In fact, for once, I would go a step further and say as a freelancer, it is vital that you do have a life - and part of that is not stressing about response times.

You can’t be glued to Fiverr 24 hours a day. If you are, you will become ill very quickly.

1 Like

I think an issue is if in every gig you say something like “I will do x in 5 hours” that will likely get the buyers who want something done a lot quicker than a normal gig which normally has at least a 24 hour delivery and they might want responses a lot quicker than normal probably. Taking the “in 5 hours” off each title might help get more patient buyers maybe.

2 Likes