Can i give my email for website access purpose?

gigworkers

As long as it is something that’s absolutely required for completion of the order and it is shared only through the order page of that particular order, you should be fine.

Just an FYI: It is not a good idea to share your personal details such as e-mail address with your clients before placing the order or through the inbox.

I am not sure if it is required, but if I were in your situation, I would also contact CS and get a go-ahead from them before sharing my e-mail address (just to be on the safe side).

• Like 9

As long as it is something that’s absolutely required for completion of the order and it is shared only through the order page of that particular order, you should be fine.

Just an FYI: It is not a good idea to share your personal details such as e-mail address with your clients before placing the order or through the inbox.

I am not sure if it is required, but if I were in your situation, I would also contact CS and get a go-ahead from them before sharing my e-mail address (just to be on the safe side).

Thank you so much for sharing your valuable comment.

• Like 9

Are you sure? by the way thank you for sharing your comment.

I personally wouldn’t do that. Because in case something goes wrong, Fiverr will not be able to help you out.

On the other hand, if you were to stick to using the order page on Fiverr to share your details, Fiverr would be able to extend 💯 % support to you.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Guest technidanstudio

I personally wouldn’t do that. Because in case something goes wrong, Fiverr will not be able to help you out.

On the other hand, if you were to stick to using the order page on Fiverr to share your details, Fiverr would be able to extend 💯 % support to you.

Okay, though I expected some more from you but seems like I was expecting too much.

So here is the scene, Fiverr don’t allow you to share personal email address because they don’t want you to communicate and deal with the client directly which will put them in loss of business and client and if they don’t discourage this practice then one day they might not see any new buyer at all.

Anyway, so in some cases such as giving access to WordPress website you need to provide an email address so that client can add you as a admin, right?

Now if you share your personal email id then Fiverr can see this as a violation and block the message, they will check the communication and unblock it only if they find that your intentions were right.

When you share an email address which is temporary then even if they see that you shared a mail address and they block it but still they won’t need to pay much attention because that mail id will be deleted till then so they will understand that you used it just for getting access to the website and not for personal communication.

Best

One of my client want my email to give access in his website to start working on a order. Can I give my email for website access purpose?

One of my client want my email to give access in his website to start working on a order. Can I give my email for website access purpose?

Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service (not for communicating outside of Fiverr) may be exchanged within the order page.

Fiverr does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the Fiverr platform or that are actively violating our Terms of Service.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Okay, though I expected some more from you but seems like I was expecting too much.

So here is the scene, Fiverr don’t allow you to share personal email address because they don’t want you to communicate and deal with the client directly which will put them in loss of business and client and if they don’t discourage this practice then one day they might not see any new buyer at all.

Anyway, so in some cases such as giving access to WordPress website you need to provide an email address so that client can add you as a admin, right?

Now if you share your personal email id then Fiverr can see this as a violation and block the message, they will check the communication and unblock it only if they find that your intentions were right.

When you share an email address which is temporary then even if they see that you shared a mail address and they block it but still they won’t need to pay much attention because that mail id will be deleted till then so they will understand that you used it just for getting access to the website and not for personal communication.

Best

Now if you share your personal email id then Fiverr can see this as a violation and block the message

This ⬆️ is where you are wrong. Fiverr DOES NOT see it as a “violation” if it is absolutely necessary for order completion and if it is only shared via the order page. Like I mentioned earlier, if you wanted, you could also get it confirmed from CS BEFORE sharing the details with your clients via the order page. It is really… no “rocket surgery”… It is a very simple concept, really. I hope you understand it soon enough.

Fiverr does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the Fiverr platform or that are actively violating our Terms of Service.

⬆️ @djwaruna is absolutely right. The VERY FACT that it is a temporary thing where your e-mail ID and all the communication gets deleted afterward… makes it EVEN MORE DANGEROUS. It is also against the ToS @technidanstudio So, please stop suggesting people things that might get them into trouble.

You really don’t have to expect anything from me… I can only try and do my best to help people who are in genuine need of help. If that’s not good enough for you, then so be it! I don’t care (one single bit) about what you expect of me. 🥳

they don’t want you to communicate and deal with the client directly which will put them in loss of business and client and if they don’t discourage this practice then one day they might not see any new buyer at all.

I am sure any business would want to implement strategies to prevent loss of business. I don’t see anything wrong in Fiverr trying to prevent transactions/communications outside of Fiverr as it would lead to loss of revenue.

No one is forcing you to use Fiverr… If you have so many things to complain about it… you are free to not use it anymore. On the other hand, if you do want to use their services, you gotta abide by what they require of their users. Don’t like it? Don’t use it. Easy peasy.

• Like 10

It’s pretty simple. If you have a gig that often absolutely requires you to share an email to work on someone else’s site, you can get peace of mind by asking CS to “pre-approve” your gig for that.

If you only rarely have clients who require an email to let you log into their WP or whatever, and don’t want to set up your gig for that because it only happens once in a blue moon, you can ask CS for permission for that specific order.

If you have gigs with short delivery times and often clients who order directly without prior contact, obviously, the former is preferable as CS might not reply in time for a 24-hour gig.

They’ll also tell you that of course the sharing of the email is only for the specific purpose of logging into the customer’s site and that sharing the mail and conversation about that needs to be within the order conversation.

Base line, ask CS to be safe, and ideally get a “general permission” for that gig for all cases where sharing of email would be required.

Do not use any guerilla mails or tactics if you value your account, stuff like that could easily be seen as “trying to circumvent policies”, ToS doesn’t like that.
If course, once you have CS’s permission, you can use guerillamail or whatever tickles your fancy.

• Like 17

• 3 years later...

Hello,

a possible client want my e-mail address and whatsapp. The problem is that he asks a CV, and now I realise that in my CV it was given the e-mail address and phone number. What shall I do? I think that is a possible scam, because the client has account from april when he contact me.

Thank you

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Hello all!

I wouldnt suggest sharing your email even in the order page.  You don´t know when or how but your gig can be erased in a matter of hours and there's nothing you can do about it.

This is what Anii, Fiverr Customer Support, told me:

"You can also use URLs that lead to general websites, such as Google.com, or to websites that provide free tools, such as wordcount.com or colorpicker.com.
Remember that it is not allowed for users to share personal contact details on their profile or Gig description.

If you use a URL in your Gig, which is not in the above list, your Gig may be denied. Repetitive violations may also cause an account to be restricted"

I understand that this is not the same as sharing a contact information once the order took place, but still, the risk is high and there would not be any warnings or anything you can do to reverse it. So better not share personal information. 

• Like 7