Can I have some tips on getting known

tylersilberman

Hi @tylersilberman!

To begin, welcome to Fiverr! 😄 I’ll tell you a little bit about how I started, as I am relatively new as well.

First, I recognized that I needed to prove myself in order to receive orders. Without reviews, my only option was to set low prices. I felt confident that once people saw the quality of my work, they would provide good reviews. As a result, I began getting reviews and could later justify increased prices!

But as a new seller, you’re probably wondering “how do I get my first order?”

What I did was simple. I would make a small change on my gig (i.e. thumbnail, description, FAQs) about 3 times each week. The key here was patience. I was running small experiments, waiting to see if the improvements worked, and then going back to the drawing board if I didn’t get any orders.

Eventually, someone gave me a chance! This was an incredible feeling, and I did my best. As a result, they turned into a repeat buyer and built up my credibility through multiple reviews (yes, the same buyer can provide numerous reviews if they purchase multiple gigs).

Now, I have completed over 70 orders 😄

Stay the course, be patient, and don’t give up! You can do it Tyler!

@creat1vepattern

I just started on Fiverr last night, and I am wondering if there is a fast way to get that first order, then to keep getting them. As a no level seller, I don’t see buyer requests. Thanks in advance.

I am wondering if there is a fast way

No fast way to success. Having the best prices can help but your gig description needs to be clear, your images need to be clean, and your niche needs to be in demand. Also you shouldn’t rely on Fiverr’s search algorithm in order to get orders. Go out and find your customers and provide a portfolio that shows them what you can do.

Just had a look at your gig and it was pretty good. First thing I noticed was your gig is focused around creating slideshows, yet you do not have “slideshow” in the title.

In your gig description you wrote:

I do wedding slideshows, birthday slideshows, product slideshows, event slideshows, picture slideshows, and many other types of slideshows. My name is Tyler. I create professional video slideshows for an affordable price. My slideshow portfolio includes projects for education, birthdays, holidays, and other special events. I am a native English speaker.

I personally feel like you would be okay with just this part:

My name is Tyler. I create professional video slideshows for an affordable price. My slideshow portfolio includes projects for education, birthdays, holidays, and other special events.

And maybe add how long you’ve been doing professional slideshows for.

Thanks @creat1vepattern,

I have been wondering though, I have a video in my gig, is there any way I can set a thumbnail that isn’t from that video?

Hi @tylersilberman,

From what I can tell, video thumbnails trump images. As a workaround, you can include the image thumbnail at the end of your video. Next, select your thumbnail using the “preview” function available when you edit your gig. This is a clever work around!

Hope that helps 😄

@creat1vepattern

Just had a look at your gig and it was pretty good. First thing I noticed was your gig is focused around creating slideshows, yet you do not have “slideshow” in the title.

In your gig description you wrote:

I do wedding slideshows, birthday slideshows, product slideshows, event slideshows, picture slideshows, and many other types of slideshows. My name is Tyler. I create professional video slideshows for an affordable price. My slideshow portfolio includes projects for education, birthdays, holidays, and other special events. I am a native English speaker.

I personally feel like you would be okay with just this part:

My name is Tyler. I create professional video slideshows for an affordable price. My slideshow portfolio includes projects for education, birthdays, holidays, and other special events.

And maybe add how long you’ve been doing professional slideshows for.

For SEO purposes I am surprised his GIG was cleared with that many slideshows but in relation to tags I think he should keep it to increase his search results findability?

Archived