Fiverr Community Forum

Can I negotiate price with my clients?

Supposed that I set a basic rate 5 USD for 500 words, May I charge more than that rate if I estimate it wud be a lot of work?

3 Likes

It depends all on you. I think you can charge more. Be sure not to charge with too small amount because buyers may think you’re a newbie who doesn’t have experience and wants to get more buyers with too low prices.

If you estimate it a lot of work you could send your buyers custom offers:

screenshot_01

1 Like

You’d need to explain in your gig description that the price may vary depending on the complexity of work (for example, it’s $5 for 500 words (your gig says 600 words?) if it’s a simple translation (define what’s simple for you) and $XX for 500 words if it’s (define what, exactly, would cost that much)). If you say nothing about it in the gig description, customers can accuse of bait and switch.

5 Likes

Thank you for suggestion. Yes, that’s what I am afraid. I wud edit my Gig and this point clear to future clients.

I am actually a newbie, and learning how to balance all. Thank you for suggestion.

I think it will depend your explaine.
If your client understand that it;s very important and great service then you can more charge.

1 Like

You can send him custom offer

1 Like