Can I offer services for free on Fiverr?

alvl_dev

Question

18 answers to this question

Guest phantompower

Why did you put the word free in brackets? To offer free services in fiverr is very simple, all you have to do is close your account, because the only thing you will get in return is a “thank you” (NO ELSE)

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/4-things-to-do-before-creating-your-gig

1. Know Your Value
    Fiverr’s services start at $5.00. Although it can be tempting to offer promotions or discounts so that the orders will start rolling in, offering your work for free is not a recommended approach to connect with sellers. It is important to set your potential buyer’s expectation that your work can’t be obtained for free. It’s essential to know your worth as a seller and not to compromise it in order to attempt attracting buyers.
  • Like 12
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

(Yes, I know it’s an old post) I’m kinda on the same boat as alvl_dev (except for the rating part). My initial thought was getting experience with recieving orders from the platform without needing any money involved, but now I see I misinformed myself with that one. Kind of a shame I can’t get to do it for free, I really wanted to improve my skills without needing to be payed for it, as I don’t think my work is worth the money as of now tbh.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

(Yes, I know it’s an old post) I’m kinda on the same boat as alvl_dev (except for the rating part). My initial thought was getting experience with recieving orders from the platform without needing any money involved, but now I see I misinformed myself with that one. Kind of a shame I can’t get to do it for free, I really wanted to improve my skills without needing to be payed for it, as I don’t think my work is worth the money as of now tbh.

If you don’t think your work is worth the money people would be paying for it, you might consider taking a Fiverr Learn course or two (if you have the money and something is offered that applies to you) and/or not setting up a gig until you’re confident you can deliver quality. Best wishes!

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Well the one thing that I have struggled with is trying to get the money to get anime cartoon Version of myself To accept the Offering From the photo for people to draw It based on The picture And I was able to do that Unfortunately I was unable accept The offering Because I Don't have the chance to find money in the bank To re fill my debit card account To do That I fell like I was stuck down here   And   To me that kind of suck Could I feel like I wasn't getting anywhere  Without help

CatAndWilliamPNG.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, williamgarvi481 said:

Well the one thing that I have struggled with is trying to get the money to get anime cartoon Version of myself To accept the Offering From the photo for people to draw It based on The picture And I was able to do that Unfortunately I was unable accept The offering Because I Don't have the chance to find money in the bank To re fill my debit card account To do That I fell like I was stuck down here   And   To me that kind of suck Could I feel like I wasn't getting anywhere  Without help

CatAndWilliamPNG.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

This is not even practical. You can only get the rating/review if an order has been placed. But even if it is possible, it doesn't make sense to me to deliver something for free just to get ratings. A $4000 client won't say "hey, I'm paying you, so I won't give you a rating". Lmao!

Why not get both: money + rating at the same time?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1