Can I outsource some part of my gigs to other sellers?

adnan0777

Let me clarify my question with an example. Say my gig is about animation, but the buyer also wants voiceover. So can I hire Fiverr sellers who have voiceover gigs and include that voiceover to my animation gig? Is it against Fiverr’s terms and conditions?
Thank you.

• Like 1

I do not believe it is against Fiverr’s TOS to do this. I often proofread websites for sellers who are building a website for a buyer. 🙂

I think it would only be an issue if the buyer didn’t know the outsourcing was taking place because that would be a breach of confidentiality.

People tend to hire a seller with the expectation that that seller will do all of the work. If that isn’t the case, people should know that before they order. It may be implied say if you’re a male and your gig video has a female voiceover, but I still feel it’s wise to disclose the outsourcing and buyers appreciate transparency, anyway.

• Like 4

• 2 years later...
24 minutes ago, letsgodigital said:

Hi 

just wanted to know if it allowed to outsource work to other fiver sellers?

Yes. But you're not allowed to make a gig for reselling other peoples work as your own. If you have a project that requires more services than you can offer (for example if you are selling explainer videos and you need a voice over for that video) it's totally OK, as long as you buy the required rights from the voice over. 

Whenever I'm re-selling a service from a different seller, I'm always honest about this with my buyer, and the seller I'm buying from. 

Never lie and claim other people's work as your own. 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Yes. But you're not allowed to make a gig for reselling other peoples work as your own. If you have a project that requires more services than you can offer (for example if you are selling explainer videos and you need a voice over for that video) it's totally OK, as long as you buy the required rights from the voice over. 

Whenever I'm re-selling a service from a different seller, I'm always honest about this with my buyer, and the seller I'm buying from. 

Never lie and claim other people's work as your own. 

Ya one of gig is ranked and i am good amount of order, I don't want to decrease the quality or cancel the order as it might effect gig rank so only reasonable thing would to be to outsource it even if I don't make profit it still count in feedback.

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, letsgodigital said:

Ya one of gig is ranked and i am good amount of order, I don't want to decrease the quality or cancel the order as it might effect gig rank so only reasonable thing would to be to outsource it even if I don't make profit it still count in feedback.

I don't like to trick my buyers into thinking I'm doing the work if I'm not doing the actual work, personally. The thing is; Fiverr is at the heart of the gig economy. Buyers are not only paying for a service, they are paying for you. You're the brand they bought. So if your delivery is different from what you would have delivered youself, that's misleading your buyer, in my opinion. So I'm always up-front with my buyers. For example, if I have to outsource a translation job, I'll let them know that one of my business partners will take care of it, with the same care and quality I would do. 

But there's nothing wrong with outsourcing, as long as you're honest about what you do. I sell a lot of services to other sellers on Fiverr, like voice overs to video animators, and as long as they purchase the correct rights I'm fine with it. 

So if you're going to hire someone to help you out with a project, the very least you should do is to ensure the deliverables are of the same quality you would make yourself. I would also explain to the buyer that someone else that I work with and trust will perform the task. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

If you're getting more work than you can handle, it might be a sign that you're undercharging yourself.

Also: yes, yes, yes! Yes!! Double yes. Heck yeah! This is my method for increasing rates as well. Whenever I have more work than I can handle, i take the oppurtunity to up my rates. I try to analyze my work amount every 6 months to see if it's time for a bump or not. 

• Like 8

Yes its possible in certain circumstance. If you are a logo designer you just cant design a logo from another seller and deliver that logo to your clients. What you can do is suppose your are making a flyer and the client dont have any vector or high res logo you can buy from a logo expert to remake their logo. 

• Like 7

• 2 months later...

🤔 Outsourcing can be a good or a bad idea depending on WHAT are you actually outsourcing and HOW MUCH you are actually outsourcing.

Any company will face the time, sooner or later, when it needs to outsource part of the required task, temporarily to handle a busy period, or permanently when starting a cooperation with another company.

📽️ When talking about video editing I cannot imagine what could you possibly refer to... Could you please explain what would you do by yourself and what would you outsource? And how would you outsource it? To who?

• Like 13
  • Up 2

• 9 months later...

But what if you are a project manager/ consultant type that can offer a service using your outsourcing partners (in the case I am thinking of, partners outside of Fiverr not offering same service on it ) and they allow you to white label their technology packaged in your business offering. I would imagine that kind of reselling of services is possible because you are the technologist yes?

• Like 7