Fiverr Forum

Can I post my email for the client

So a client asked for my email so he can give access to his website so I can do his SEO work and everything , would it be legal to give him the email address ?

Hi,its better the ask from customer contact .

If you give your email, for paying you there, Fiverr will ban you, because the order is not passing through their platform, and they won’t get 1/5 of the amount the buyer will pay you. That’s why they will ban you.

If you can explain to Fiverr’s customer support why you can´t do the job for the would-be client without giving him your email address, it’s worth a try, but if you just as well would be able to do that work without providing your email adress, my :crystal_ball: says it´s not worth the effort and time to contact them and better to explain to the customer that Fiverr doesn´t allow exchange of contact info in their ToS and to tell him how you can do his work without him having your email address.

As @miiila said, check with CS.
I got a response that if it’s crucial for me to do the job then it’s OK. Sharing credentials is not a good solution, so buyer should create a separate account for you and if your email is required then so be it. That way they limit your access and simply delete it when the job is done.

Here’s what TOS says

To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, Skype/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

So it depends on why you need to share your email. Check with CS, but make sure you explain that you need to share it for account creation, not for communication.

PS. I would not recommend giving your personal email either. You should have a separate account for your freelancing work or even a separate account that you share for account creation.

thank you , already made a ticket :slight_smile:

The buyer wanted my skype once to have a quick discussion related to the project and CS told me “NO” on that immediately yet a bunch of people on here literally sell gigs that include a skype session.

If you can’t get the job done without sharing your email contact CS. If it can be avoided at all, though, I’d avoid it.

got it , thank you )