Can i recreate a fiverr account after deactivation my current account?

premium_cad

@shahidmehmood5 is it wrong?? still i create an another accout from the same device.also my previous account was deactivated.So why you tell about “this is against the fiverr policies” ??

Having/creating multiple accounts is against the TOS.

Abuse and Spam

Multiple Accounts - To prevent fraud and abuse, users are limited to one active account. Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the Fiverr community will be disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts. Note: any violations of Fiverr’s Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards is a cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.

Because of this, it’s best to go through Customer Support to properly shut down old accounts and create a new one.

Having or creating more than one account is not allowed according to the Fiverr TOS, but if you’re going to deactivate your current account and then create a new one, I think it’s okay.

Seller Help Center:
How Do I Change My Username?
Your username is your unique identity on Fiverr and it cannot be changed. If you want to use another username, you will need to close your account and create a new one. If you would like to use the email address in your current account for your new account, please change it before closing it.

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/how-do-i-change-my-username

Anyway I think it’s better you contact the CS before doing that.

Having/creating multiple accounts is against the TOS.

Abuse and Spam

Multiple Accounts - To prevent fraud and abuse, users are limited to one active account. Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the Fiverr community will be disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts. Note: any violations of Fiverr’s Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards is a cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.

Because of this, it’s best to go through Customer Support to properly shut down old accounts and create a new one.

@imagination7413 actually already i deactivated my previous account.So now i have a single account.is it against the TOS??

@imagination7413 actually already i deactivated my previous account.So now i have a single account.is it against the TOS??

If, IF, the old account wasn’t shut down properly. I don’t know the steps you took, but if the old profile is gone, then you’re probably fine. You should still maybe check with CS to verify. Only they can tell you for sure.

If, IF, the old account wasn’t shut down properly. I don’t know the steps you took, but if the old profile is gone, then you’re probably fine. You should still maybe check with CS to verify. Only they can tell you for sure.

I’m pretty sure that as long as only one of the accounts is active it’s fine, but ye- contact CS first.

Ignore most of the previous commenters, they are wrong as usual.

You can only have one account at a time - if you have two, you run the risk of getting both banned.

If you have an account, close and deactivate it, and then create a new account, you only have one account. You aren’t breaking any rules. Fiverr itself says that if you want to change username, you should close your account and create a new one.

And still there are people saying “oh, but contact CS first”. Why? To flood them with junk questions, and take their time from actual tickets of sellers trying to work? Reminds me of the people who get an headache and go straight to the hospital, filling it up and stopping people who have actual medical problems from getting the care they need.

TOS are extremely clear:

" Abuse and Spam

Multiple Accounts - To prevent fraud and abuse, users are limited to one active account. Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the Fiverr community will be disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts. Note: any violations of Fiverr’s Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards is a cause for permanent suspension of all accounts."

users are limited to one active account

one active account

ACTIVE

Seriously, people telling you to read the TOS and contact support when they clearly can’t read or interpret is just too funny.

CS should NOT be contacted for things that have an explicit, transparent answer in the TOS. Otherwise, what’s the point of the TOS anyway?

You can only have one account at a time - if you have two, you run the risk of getting both banned.

If you have an account, close and deactivate it, and then create a new account, you only have one account. You aren’t breaking any rules. Fiverr itself says that if you want to change username, you should close your account and create a new one.

And still there are people saying “oh, but contact CS first”. Why? To flood them with junk questions, and take their time from actual tickets of sellers trying to work? Reminds me of the people who get an headache and go straight to the hospital, filling it up and stopping people who have actual medical problems from getting the care they need.

TOS are extremely clear:

" Abuse and Spam

Multiple Accounts - To prevent fraud and abuse, users are limited to one active account. Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the Fiverr community will be disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts. Note: any violations of Fiverr’s Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards is a cause for permanent suspension of all accounts."

one active account

ACTIVE

Seriously, people telling you to read the TOS and contact support when they clearly can’t read or interpret is just too funny.

CS should NOT be contacted for things that have an explicit, transparent answer in the TOS. Otherwise, what’s the point of the TOS anyway?

Because sometimes Fiverr can’t seem to follow it’s own TOS.

Also, the advice is given because of the language barrier that’s so common here: deactivate, close, abandoned, left, inactive, old. All of these words can apply, but sometimes are misunderstood. Yes the TOS says ‘active’, but if you want to minimize the chances of giving bad advice, when there’s a language barrier in place, it’s better to check through the right channels.

Because sometimes Fiverr can’t seem to follow it’s own TOS.

Also, the advice is given because of the language barrier that’s so common here: deactivate, close, abandoned, left, inactive, old. All of these words can apply, but sometimes are misunderstood. Yes the TOS says ‘active’, but if you want to minimize the chances of giving bad advice, when there’s a language barrier in place, it’s better to check through the right channels.

Fiverr not following its own TOS is a scandal, pure and simple. That cannot happen - it erodes trust in the platform completely, it’s incredibly dishonest. They usually get around it by having intentionally opaque terms, but in this case it’s completely explicit. It’s beyond explicit - it’s actually recommended and suggested as the only way to change your username.

As for the language barrier, if that’s a problem just give up on Fiverr. Communication skills are by far the most important factor to be successful here. A logo designer with minimal skills but amazing communication will win in the long run against the best designer in the world with broken english. It’s that important.

So when someone tells me their account was closed and deactivated, I take them at their word and give advice accordingly. If they get banned because they actually meant something else, they had it coming anyway.

Otherwise, the only acceptable answer to any question on the forums would be “Contact CS”. You never know what the OP meant, and you never know what nebulous interpretation of the TOS you will get from them.

Yes. If you properly deactivate your previous account and then create one new, than it is okay. It doesnt voilate any fiverr policies.
I once asked to change my username for personal reasons and they told me to delete and deactivate this account and create a new one and i did.

So as long as you are not trying to pull any scam, you are fine.

TOS are extremely clear:

" Abuse and Spam

one active account

ACTIVE

And still there are people saying “oh, but contact CS first”. Why?

Customer Support is there to support its customers! If they have an issue, or an enquiry, or are unsure of how to go about doing something, they can support you. That’s why its called Customer Support. So, if you wanted to be clear on something, why wouldn’t you? Also, you’re being incredibly rude and disrespectful.

And still there are people saying “oh, but contact CS first”. Why?

Customer Support is there to support its customers! If they have an issue, or an enquiry, or are unsure of how to go about doing something, they can support you. That’s why its called Customer Support. So, if you wanted to be clear on something, why wouldn’t you? Also, you’re being incredibly rude and disrespectful.

Go ahead, flood them with BS then. If the terms of service (that every seller should read and understand fully) explain something, it’s a waste of time to go to CS. If people ask a question with a clear answer in the forums, why send them to CS? It’s inefficient, a waste of resources.

Also, that’s, like, your opinion man.

TOS are extremely clear:

" Abuse and Spam

one active account

ACTIVE

Customer support is there for a reason. And also, you were being rude.

And…that is quite rude. Everyone is normally wrong- but I guess that you are always right, aren’t you?

Customer support is there for a reason. And also, you were being rude.

And…that is quite rude. Everyone is normally wrong- but I guess that you are always right, aren’t you?

No. But I (and a group of other users here who know what they are doing) are way more right way more times than most that post here.

I keep seeing completely wrong advice posted again and again and again (be online 24/7, promote your gig on social media, send 10 buyer request daily, etc. etc. etc.), and it becomes very annoying. So yeah, I’m blunt. The majority of people on the forum have no clue. Yet they insist on giving copy pasted advice. It’s grating.

Archived