Can i refuse a job?

orishlez

I have a returning client who always orders the minimum amount of 5$ and is really making me work for it.

He will always ask for modification after modification as if we’re on an on going creation process.

Then he will test it and return with some more modifications, telling me to try something else… not being clear as to what.

I’ve tried to imply that if he is not satisfied then that he could request for a job cancellation, but it appears he is very satisfied that for 5$ he will get an on going service, so many versions to mess with etc.

Anyway… one of those who really gets on my nerves which i’d rather not working with.

Any tips?

Hello. Just edit your gig, set higher prices (limit what you do for a low price) and request mutual cancellation if he orders something or request modification next time. Explain that you’ve got some kind of troubles and cannot do orders. Such people can get angry easily (people get used to good stuff easily and don’t like when you take that from them) so better be polite, if possible avoid going through cs.

You are implying him to cancel when you can and should do that.

I come from the background of contracts and compliance, so here is a tip that will help you.

a) Clearly outline the activities in your GIG for 5 Bucks which includes how many revisions. Clearly state that additional revisions need additional Gig payment.

b) Before you start the work, ask for extensive details and ensure that all parts have to be answered. If he does not answer all parts, it becomes a point of dispute of discussion.

c) Create a higher paid GIG (20 USD) for doing deliberations on client queries, for doing multiple revisions etc.

This should work if you do it right.

Would you like to do the work if you were compensated? If so, let your ability to provide high customer service pave the way to move toward $25-$100.00 projects. It use to frustrate me when people wanted extra service. Then I realized that I was auditioning and testing the market for higher paying gigs. After narrowing the scope of your gig description, I would move the projects to a higher rate. Some will move with you because they value the effort you put in it. Some will not move. Charge enough to provide 3-4 revisions with ease, if needed. Develop your work flow anticipating changes. I also limit the types of changes in my gig description. For instance, there may be a charge if the script changes.

For those clients that you have delivered several jobs to and they just can’t get into your groove (Did I say that well?) You know what I mean. The way my gig description is written, 80% of clients needs do not fit into what I offer. There order needs to be custom quoted. This allows me to look at the order and determine if I can provide what they need. If the order doesn’t “fit your gig”. You can custom quote at whatever rate compensates for the extra time. If I am asked about the rate, I state that “the cost is based on the estimated time to complete your order.”

If you just can’t work with someone, maybe they are rude, etc. You can send a mutually cancellation and state that “Thank you for your order. I am not going to be able to provide what you need for this order. Thank you for considering me.” Use this sparingly! We want to provide great experiences for the buyers. Cancellations are no fun. I would much rather them turn me down because the rate was high.

Be consistent with what you offer. Strive to be the nicest person someone would buy from on Fiverr!

The mutual cancellation feature can be a real reputation saviour. I had an experience where a buyer had not read my gig description or even watched the video properly, and expected me to do something completely different to what was advertised. I’m open-minded to do most things but as written above, it’s important to outline what exactly you’re giving for $5 - then little can go wrong and save you much valuable time and stress-free delivery.

I purposely reviewed my gig’s after this and have found that I haven’t had any such issues since.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived