Can I request for a negative review to be removed?

write2succeed

Hi,

So I am a seller on Fiverr and my average gig review has been 4.9 (it was 5 for a long time). However recently I had a very insulting review from a rude buyer who left me a 1 (a first for me!.

The buyer also left a rude review comparing my work to a nursery kid, although in the order messages he acted differently.

The review was likely because I refused their request to cancel the order.

Anyhow - does anyone know if Fiverr would remove the review? Has anyone had a similar experience?
I feel its such a low blow and shame to have this one negative review mess up my Fiverr reputation and scoring.

Thanks!

CS has a tendency to put a warning on accounts if a seller - or buyer, for that matter - asks them about reviews.

Use the response facility to explain what happened … and then move on.

It’s cr***y that this happened to you and you have my sympathy.

But it does happen … and we all just have to deal, unfortunately …

Hi,

So I am a seller on Fiverr and my average gig review has been 4.9 (it was 5 for a long time). However recently I had a very insulting review from a rude buyer who left me a 1 (a first for me!.

The buyer also left a rude review comparing my work to a nursery kid, although in the order messages he acted differently.

The review was likely because I refused their request to cancel the order.

Anyhow - does anyone know if Fiverr would remove the review? Has anyone had a similar experience?

I feel its such a low blow and shame to have this one negative review mess up my Fiverr reputation and scoring.

Thanks!

Anyhow - does anyone know if Fiverr would remove the review?

Leaving a Buyer’s feedback is a basic prerogative of a Buyer. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations of our Terms of Service.

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Best just to leave it and move on.

CS has a tendency to put a warning on accounts if a seller - or buyer, for that matter - asks them about reviews.

Use the response facility to explain what happened … and then move on.

It’s cr***y that this happened to you and you have my sympathy.

But it does happen … and we all just have to deal, unfortunately …

Thanks. Yeah I guess I’ll have to. Its just shocking as to has never happened to me before, but like you said I guess I’ll have to move on.

I quickly looked at the review you’re referring to. I just don’t see Fiverr deleting it, I’m afraid.

Fiverr only deletes reviews when they’re overly abusive (racist/full of swear words) or have been left maliciously by a competitor.

Thanks. For me I thought that the review was artificial (only reason why buyer did it was because I refused his request to cancel the order after I already delivered them and with a free revision) and violates the Terms of Service in that sense, but I guess it wasn’t as extreme as swearing or racism

Anyhow - does anyone know if Fiverr would remove the review?

Leaving a Buyer’s feedback is a basic prerogative of a Buyer. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations of our Terms of Service.

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Best just to leave it and move on.

Thanks. I guess I’ll have to, just a shame that sellers have the lower hand in this marketplace.

I read your reply. You defended yourself well. Sometimes I think a terrible review exposes more of what is wrong with the buyer than the seller.

I did not see your review of the seller on his profile page. If I have issues with a buyer, I leave them a mediocre review explaining what went on.

You may enjoy this thread. 😉

I see so many people getting terribly upset by negative reviews and it puzzles me a bit. Sure, I don’t like getting them either but I tend to shrug them off quite easily as I am aware that people can be odd. It’s what makes my favorite hobby of people watching so much fun but I’ll save that for another post I think. For now, take a look at some of the most amazing sights in the world and some of the negative reviews left about them. It is also interesting to read negative reviews about places…

yes you can if you have a fair reason. otherwise don’t even think about it.

@tazzy_designs I guess you have not read this thread.

Some commented: arrow_down And: arrow_down So, I once again contacted Amy and asked her to clarify whether or not sellers will get warnings if they merely ask for a nonspecific review. roll_eyesimage.png.1a25ac213d2bc190e65951176e07c544.pngNonetheless, Amy had not answered my question of whether or not there would be retribution for requests like those I quoted above. arrow_up" alt="arrow_up However, Amy did not answer me; Jenny did, and her response was quite clear. :face_with_…

Archived