Fiverr Community Forum

Can I retrieve deleted inbox messages?

Hello all,

I have a quick question that I hope you guys might be able to help me with. I searched the forum and couldn’t find any other threads related to this topic.

If I deleted a message in my inbox, is there a way for me to retrieve it again?

You see, I had a client interaction that went a bit sour last week, and we decided that we wouldn’t move forward together. It was bumming me out seeing the lost opportunity in my inbox, so I deleted it.

Now, I have another client messaging me, very cheerful and ready to move forward…and I think it might be the same buyer…just acting like nothing happened.
The thing is, I’m not 100% sure. I really should have made a mark of this person’s name.

Is there a way for me to find messages that I deleted?

If not, if this is the same buyer, would their new message be attached to the old messages? It’s not, so that makes me think I might be wrong, and they may just have similar usernames.

Any guidance would be much appreciated! :slight_smile:
-Jen

1 Like

Hey, Jen!

Archiving messages is best. This is where I store old communication with clients. Unless you’re talking about your personal email account lol. I doubt there’s a way, try checking your SENT folder?
No idea.

Archive

To refer back to past chats, clicking on archived.
inbox

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion :slight_smile: Yeah, I was talking about the Fiverr inbox. I looked in archives and nothing came up. From now on, I’ll archive messages instead of deleting them.

Thank you for your help! :slight_smile:

2 Likes