Fiverr Community Forum

Can I use my work in my portfolio?

Hi,

A buyer ordered a business card design a year ago. Today he messaged me today that I don’t have the right to use the business card in my portfolio since it had their brand logo. I told him okay, I will remove it and I did remove it but he reported me to Fiverr and saying I am violating the Fiverr TOS like I created the business card for him so why I can’t show it as a sample of my work and if he says I don’t want it shown then okay I did remove it. But am I violating Fiverr TOS?? Can I show things I create in my portfolio??

Thanks,
Zeek

1 Like

Better to ignore clients that threatens. It’s better if you protect your account at all times.

1 Like

Yeah! Like why they threaten us. Even though I removed it from my gig image. It’s totally my work I created for him. Now how he can say “who give you permission to use it without our company permission in your work portfolio” :frowning:

Was just asking to know if this is okayyy!

1 Like

If you read the part entitled Ownership in the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page you will find the details regarding this. You can only use it if the buyer agrees.

2 Likes

Some clients are not friendly enough to let you show sample on your portfolio. It’s better if you just recreate few ideas on your own and use them as sample so that you don’t get in trouble.

All though you designed the cards you no longer own them when your client purchased them. If your client approves it to be used it will show up on your live portfolio automatically.

I could see why the client would report you since a business card may have his name, address, contact info, work title, picture, etc.