Fiverr Community Forum

Can I Use TTS Voice on GIGS?

Hi guys,

I hope you guys doing well🤘! I just want to know from you guys that, can I use Text To Speech (TTS) as a voice-over on my gigs? Is there any specific TOS from Fiverr?

Thank you
genway

1 Like

You can search the TOS page. I don’t think there’s a rule against it.

There’s this page:
https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/adding-a-video-to-your-gig

We recommend your video contains your own voice instead of using a computerized narration. If you use a computerized narration, make sure it is high quality and close to your original voice.

It doesn’t have to have a voice over at all though. You could use on screen text and background music.

3 Likes

@uk1000 Thank you so much for the information💖. It helps me a lot to know something like that.

3 Likes

There isn’t any rule against it, but it is not recommended. And it doesn’t sound professional at all nor it communicates confidence.

4 Likes

It would depend on the TTS and how human-like and professional it sounded. Maybe the best ones could be okay.

3 Likes

I haven’t followed the technology but the majority I’ve heard sounded very artificial. Maybe there are very good ones and I cannot tell the difference :slight_smile: in that case it should be ok

3 Likes

there is not any rule about this but remember do not copy past any thing

1 Like

Some of the high quality ones sound so realistic that most people who watch your video would not even realize that it’s not a real person speaking. So it can be very professional. But the low quality ones are so bad that I’d avoid them.

4 Likes

Oh really? Interesting.

Well, I would say, if you cannot tell the difference with real voice, then you can use them.

2 Likes