Fiverr Community Forum

"___ can no longer be contacted. This will not affect your response rate."

So am a new Fiverr seller (have no orders yet) so I was excited when I got a notification that I got a message. The message said it was sent only 3 hours ago, so I looked at it to reply. It simply said ‘hello’ and that’s it, but when i went to reply, the chat box was grayed and above it said the message you see in the topic (with their name in the underline). I clicked on their profile to see if I could figure out what was wrong, but it brought me to MY OWN seller page. I went back and noticed that under the previous message it said “Say hello to ___” and “Tell them everything they need to know about your project.” I don’t understand any of this and some help would be appreciated.

It was a spam message and Fiverr blocked it and banned the sender.

I am sorry they got your hopes up for naught. :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

I’m in same situation I even got my mum excited about it and now I’m super dissapointed.

I had the same experience today. But it was not the first message from that buyer.

Buyer contacted me a few days ago. And then I replied to him and asked for more details. He also asked a few questions about the solution. So I answered the questions. After a few messages suddenly it displays “(user name here) can no longer be contacted. This will not affect your response rate.”

Does this mean that the user has been banned from the fiverr?