Fiverr Forum

Can not cut and paste

In the messages INBOX it is not possible to cut and paste a reply!
It ends up as an (unreadable) image file attachment

This really needs to be fixed
3rd time I’ve tried raising this,

I have no problem doing cut and paste in a reply. :thinking:

I didn’t face any problem cut/past on Fiverr inbox. Possibly this problem is on your end only. You can try by clearing cache & deactiving all browser extention.

Did you try using the keyboard shortcuts - highlight text you want to copy and press [CTRL]+C to copy and [CTRL]+V to paste? Sometimes that works if using the mouse doesn’t. (⌘+C / ⌘+V for Mac)

Yes, I’ve tried clearing the cache, theres no improvement

Yes, I’ve tried all methods.

This never causes me problems either. I would try doing your copy from a plain ascii text editor (i.e. notepad or similar, not a fancier app) and use only the simplest keyboard shortcuts as Mila suggested. It’s not a Fiverr issue.

In the old or the new inbox? Can you send a screenshot detailing that? With blurred or hidden details if possible…

<This never causes me problems either. I would try doing your copy from a plain ascii text editor (i.e. notepad or similar, not a fancier app) and use only the simplest keyboard shortcuts as Mila suggested. It’s not a Fiverr issue.> Yes this worked! Thank you for the suggestion. I had been using MS WORD.

Theres nothing to show, as the text does not appear

It’s not clear how to add attachments, ie a screenshot in this forum post [is it just me or is 5er incredibly non-intuitive to use, with everything being hidden. For example, even the active orders page is hidden away behind BUYING / ORDERS/ ACTIVE ORDERS etc]

Here is how I copy and paste:

I have no problems, and I can’t understand what kind of problems do you have.

You can ask Fiverr CS (Fiverr Customer Support), if you can’t find an answer:

https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new

As clarified above, * the problem is now solved *. It was not working when cutting and pasting from MS WORD.
Thank you for the reply

<You can ask Fiverr CS (Fiverr Customer Support), if you can’t find an answer:>

No, I routinely present many such issues to customer support and this is an example of the unsolvable ones. It takes a variety of different suggestions from different people. For example, I have - everyday - to contend with a list of old orders from 2013 that populate and mess up my order pages and this is low priority compared to the other obstacles I experience with 5er. I’ve good cause to be really irritated with 5er, I’ve placed nearly 3000 orders as a buyer and everyone of those presents a headache in one way or another. The 5er user experience is an occupational hazard.