Fiverr Community Forum

Can someone help me answer this question about REVIEWS?

Hi, I am new here and I see jobs for doing reviews on Amazon for products ? How can you do that, without TRYING to product FIRST ? I don’t understand his ? Can someone PLEASE explain this to me? thank you so much be blessed and shalom

Reply to @warriorbride:

warriorbride said: is that legal to do here, if he pays me on Fiverr ? never heard of that before ? was going to do it but it seems like a LOT of work for 5.00 its seems like people SURE do want to MILK the 5.00 PRICE,
If it's something you're interested in doing, send a custom quote. :)

I offer reviews for Amazon products and even eBooks. The way I do it is that I will write a review after having received the product from Amazon, or after I have read the eBook. Each buyer I have worked with, so far, has allowed me to mark the Gig as complete until I receive the product in the mail.

It’s more of a trust thing with my buyers I guess. I order the product, give them a screen shot of the order number so they can track it, and then send them a review after the product has come in. I wouldn’t feel right reviewing an Amazon product if I didn’t test it out first.

Hope that helps answer your question!

@warriorbride <—had wrong name before

For most of us who do the reviews for Amazon/eBay etc we receive the product first before conducting our review. I personally don’t like to give reviews on a product unless I have it in my hands or a virtual rendition of it on my computers or mobile devices. Verified reviews are better anyways for users to see. Amazon has come down hard on fiverr to get rid of Amazon specific targeting reviews to help prevent fraud.

@madmoo

I agree that doing false testimonials can lead awry so when folks order my gigs I “act out” a video of comments they say they have received from users of their product that they would rather have as a video form. Relating testimonials to “fraud” as you stated needs a different outlook for some of us doing these testimonials on a level as this.

Though some are questionable I agree there are some of us reenacting a written one.

ardicus said: Relating testimonials to "fraud" as you stated needs a different outlook for some of us doing these testimonials on a level as this.
Fraud is fraud on any level and it doesn't matter what kind of outlook one has.

Do all of your 'acting' videos have a visible statement that they are an "actor portrayal" or "paid testimonial"?

Reply to @maddisont: I personally don’t see it as a problem, but someone will surely point it out eventually… it’s against the Fiverr rules to complete a gig before it’s actually completed. Even if you & the buyer are cool with it.

I only mention it because I got scolded. Repeatedly. :slight_smile:

Reply to @itsyourthing:

On some sites I have noticed it yes, others sadly I don’t see the video posted so its hard to say. buy a few of what I have done let me see a list of testimonials written to work with, others not so much.

Now I will recant a little of what I said in regards to needing a different outlook. I can NOT say for 100% certainty that they are all written by users or real testimonials from customers when I get the gig for a testimonial.

I can see the point in some being viewed as fraud due to this and by no means am I defending others or myself conducting a testimonial as such. I can only go off of what I see and feel speaking with a buyer.

Now then lets take a look at a point I AM guilty of - and I will use this example due to it being personal experience. I have done a couple “testimonials” based on a script by the one who hired me. Is this morally acceptable? Meh depends how you look at it as an individual view. Most commonly - no its not morally acceptable.

I am by no means a supporter of fraudulent activities, and I can say that I have most likely given a testimonial based solely on what a buyer wanted said. And with that I guess I have done a few fraudulent testimonials in my stead here.

I know its harsh to say but I will say it. - I make money to give them and will continue to do so. if I research and find its to cover a business that has done poorly with other customers and they are looking for a face to plant to turn their rep around I will question it and most likely refuse it.

But then in the same I question most all reviews I come across online and TV now since I joined Fiverr in Christmas 2014.

Sorry this is long winded but I see the point here and don’t fully disagree with the views of anybody on here and respect each and everyone of your input.

Reply to @itsyourthing: Gotcha. Thanks for the heads up. I’ve had a few buyers who have told me to mark it complete after I have delivered the link to my purchase. They don’t give me feedback, of course, until I give them the review, but I will keep that in mind for the future. [=

Reply to @ardicus: Oh, I offer reviews for anything, not just Amazon. I guess that didn’t come across clear in my message. I was just using Amazon as an example, because most of my buyers redirect me to their items on there.

And I receive the product first before I write a review too.

Reply to @maddisont:

Doh! that was meant for the OP not you sorry for that. Editing that post for the purpose of the OP. @warriorbride

ardicus said: I know its harsh to say but I will say it. - I make money to give them and will continue to do so. if I research and find its to cover a business that has done poorly with other customers and they are looking for a face to plant to turn their rep around I will question it and most likely refuse it.

But then in the same I question most all reviews I come across online and TV now since I joined Fiverr in Christmas 2014.
I appreciate that you're honest.

You need this eBook, http://cpaclickprofits.blogspot.com

MAKE MONEY ONLINE

http://cpaclickprofits.blogspot.com

I’m new to Fiverr and also offer review services. Just wanted to ask for advice about how many verified reviews do you guys usually give for the $5 amount? Thanks!

I sometimes review books on Amazon for authors, but only if they’ve been edited by me. I’d never charge for it though; it’s just generates a bit of goodwill between us.

I just don’t have the TIME to read a book to give a review and so I won’t do that, someone here asked me to do MYSTERY SHOPPING to call people and get paid, is that legal to do here, if he pays me on Fiverr ? never heard of that before ? was going to do it but it seems like a LOT of work for 5.00 its seems like people SURE do want to MILK the 5.00 PRICE, and want a LOT for that PRICE and seem to ABUSE it to me ? lol

Reply to @ardicus: I think that I will just ask them for the product but they don’t expect us to PAY for it, do they ? I think that I will just stay CLEAR of those ha I have enough work coming through with my editing and proof-reading gig, thank you for your feedback ardicus

Reply to @eroz21: thank you so much !!

Reply to @madmoo: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS INFO I APPRECIATE IT !

Reply to @maddisont: sorry I didn’t get back with you all I didn’t get this message in my inbox I thought that Fiverr would send me a message, letting me know that i got some messages here but not the case, I just found this when I was looking for the suggestion box, thank you so much for commenting I didn’t even know that there was a FLAG button is someone is being harassing or going against the rules, is that in your inbox messages or your gig buy comments area box ?

Hi you mean, with a custom quote, you can name your price ? that would be cool, but why not just have him in box me and that is what I do, also if you do a custom quote, how does the clock or time goes with that, can you set it for how many days ? thanks, itsyourthing