Can someone review my gig and provide feedback? I get 0 work :(

ajsmith365

Hello, everyone.

I have been active on Fiverr for a month or so now. I have 2 gigs posted, 1 gig has 74 views and the other has 19 views. I have gotten 0 takers and 0 inquiries for me to at least try to pitch my services to someone.

Would you mind providing constructive feedback? I would greatly appreciate it.

A. J.

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

You only have 3 minutes of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (Fiverr Tips - Fiverr Community Forum). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

You say ‘active’ for a month, but what does that entail? Your profile says you’ve been on Fiverr since March of '13.

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

You only have 3 minutes of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (Fiverr Tips - Fiverr Community Forum). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

You say ‘active’ for a month, but what does that entail? Your profile says you’ve been on Fiverr since March of '13.

Thanks for the information. I set up a profile back then but never used it. I just posted the two gigs I have listed about a month ago.

The gig descriptions are a little short and not structured well.

You need to take the customers on a journey with the text and break it up into small brief sentences to keep them hooked. Remove ALL the fluff and keep only that which further sells the product.

Address their main pain points and tell them why they should choose you over the hundreds of others.

Start off by establishing your target market then making a bold promise:

“Looking to secure your dream job?” < establishing your target market.

“Here’s how I can help you increase your rate of interview invitations by 40%” < Bold promise. Be very specific with the results.

Then you do what’s called “twisting the knife”…

You highlight their main pain points and AMPLIFY them.

“I know how it feels to spend hundreds of hours applying for jobs but getting nowhere. It’s demoralizing.” etc. etc. The goal here is to evoke an emotional response both positive or negative. < This makes them relate and feel the struggle, making them want relief from it

Then frame your product as the solution to relieving these pain points and let them envision how amazing life will be after they use the service.

“Imagine how it would feel to finally get the job you’ve always wanted. You’d wake up happy and excited everyday etc. etc.” < Finally, they can have some relief to these pains that you just amplified.

Then there’s social proof and appeal to authority. You must make them feel like loads of people have seen success from this service and are raving about it. Not only this but you must establish yourself as an AUTHORITY in the subject and back up these claims with data and experience.

Finally, you must differentiate yourself from your competition some how. Figure out what your uniqe edge is and use it as a major selling point.

Hope this helps 🙂

The gig descriptions are a little short and not structured well.

You need to take the customers on a journey with the text and break it up into small brief sentences to keep them hooked. Remove ALL the fluff and keep only that which further sells the product.

Address their main pain points and tell them why they should choose you over the hundreds of others.

Start off by establishing your target market then making a bold promise:

“Looking to secure your dream job?” < establishing your target market.

“Here’s how I can help you increase your rate of interview invitations by 40%” < Bold promise. Be very specific with the results.

Then you do what’s called “twisting the knife”…

You highlight their main pain points and AMPLIFY them.

“I know how it feels to spend hundreds of hours applying for jobs but getting nowhere. It’s demoralizing.” etc. etc. The goal here is to evoke an emotional response both positive or negative. < This makes them relate and feel the struggle, making them want relief from it

Then frame your product as the solution to relieving these pain points and let them envision how amazing life will be after they use the service.

“Imagine how it would feel to finally get the job you’ve always wanted. You’d wake up happy and excited everyday etc. etc.” < Finally, they can have some relief to these pains that you just amplified.

Then there’s social proof and appeal to authority. You must make them feel like loads of people have seen success from this service and are raving about it. Not only this but you must establish yourself as an AUTHORITY in the subject and back up these claims with data and experience.

Finally, you must differentiate yourself from your competition some how. Figure out what your uniqe edge is and use it as a major selling point.

Hope this helps 🙂

Nomadsolutions, that was outstanding feedback. I appreciate it. Unfortunately, I have some back issues for the past few days, but I will get on this and incorporate a lot of your feedback into my updates. Thanks a lot!

Archived