Can start work before the order is placed?

whatpress

Question

Hi friends

I hope you all are doing great and earning a lot 🙂

I have few questions about selling.

1. Sometimes, clients give information to start work and not place order. After the work is complete, they ask to send them offer and they pay it. since the work is already submitted so we don’t have something to send them. They just pay it. Is is right way? Because most of the clients who do this are returning buyers and they trust our abilities.

2. Second question is extension of question 1. Some time we do the work and we don’t have relevant gig for that work and when buyer want us to send offer we just randomly send offer from any gig. Is this okay?

3. Is is okay to do partial work of client as sample work, for example designing one page of his website and if he likes, we can continue. If we do this client will know the quality of work beforehand and there will be less conflicts.

Thanks in advance

• Like 4

4 answers to this question

On 5/27/2019 at 10:36 AM, lloydsolutions said:

Suggest you read the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page for the rules as to how Fiverr works.

Everything is explained there in detail.

Enjoy the forum. 🙂

The Fiverr Terms of service is pretty large. Is there a certain place you suggest we read? I am trying to by a service we have agreed upon a price but she wants to do the work and then have me pay for the work. This seems like it would be more in my favor but I am hesitant to move forward and a little wary. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, kevinpleong01 said:

I am trying to by a service we have agreed upon a price but she wants to do the work and then have me pay for the work. This seems like it would be more in my favor but I am hesitant to move forward and a little wary. 

That's not how Fiverr is meant to work. However, some sellers want to work like that to avoid negative reviews.

• Like 6