Fiverr Community Forum

Can this order get me banned?

So I have a voiceover gig where people will send me a script and I’ll record it in a character voice. Recently a buyer sent me this script.
“Attention parents and grandparents of young children. Gerber Life® is accepting applications for their affordable grow up plan! The grow up plan gives your child $10,000 dollars in whole life insurance protection now, and doubles automatically to $20,000 dollars later, at no extra cost! Free information will be sent to parents and grandparents who call now! Don’t wait, help give your child a head-start, for just pennies a day! Don’t wait, call now for free information. Call 1-800-829-****. Call now!”
I am fully aware that this script isn’t serious. My question is, because it contains a phone number for people to call and asks people to call it, despite it being a real phone number that leads to Gerber Life a real company can I get banned for violating the terms of service?

5 Likes

Hello, why would you get banned for that? I don’t understand your concern.

It sounds like a serious script to me.

It’s a promotion for life insurance.

If your concern is that they shared a phone number you can always ask customer support about it but I really don’t see an 800 number for a big well known company in a script for a voiceover as something to set off alarm bells.

1 Like

The real question is why they would want someone to do a voiceover for this voice:

I will say anything in a dr doofenshmirtz voice

I would say that you are correct to turn it down.

what I mean by the script not being serious is, I’m not actually doing an ad for Gerber Life, as they haven’t changed their ads in over 20 years, and if they were, they wouldn’t hire someone on Fiverr to do it in a Dr Doofenshmirtz voice. I’m just worried that whoever is reviewing it won’t see it as a joke and I’d get banned over it.

I wouldn’t do a fake or spoof ad for a big company. I would refuse to do that. It’s not so much fiverr I would be worried about. Someone is liable to get in trouble over this in some way. Although I doubt fiverr would like it either.

Yeah I figured that, alright, thanks for the help.

You’d be surprised. I wrote a thank you letter to investors from the King of Morocco once for $15. Strange things can happen!

3 Likes

I’m just worried that it’d end up like what happened to voiceoverpete, where he was given a script with a fake credit card scam and was banned for it. As for the script not being serious, what I mean is I’m not actually doing an ad for Gerber Life, as they haven’t changed their ads in over 20 years, and if they were, they wouldn’t hire someone on Fiverr to do it in a Dr Doofenshmirtz voice. I’m just worried that whoever is reviewing it won’t see it as a joke and I’d get banned over it.

1 Like

It’s a fake spoof on a big company. No need to say more. It’s going to be a problem for you.

I sent this like 45 minutes ago and it just got approved please disregard it, everything has been handled by now

You mean fiverr approved it? What about Gerber, how would they like it?

no no, the forum said that comment needed to be approved by a moderator

1 Like

Was it really him? Who knows.

I hear a certain president needs a speech written on race relations. He could do a lot worse than you I’m sure…

It was a company representing him/owned by him, and it wasn’t actually on Fiverr. It was signed by him and put out online, though.

2 Likes

I’d definitely avoid doing this or if it is worth the hassle, contact support for permission first.
Everyone knew voiceoverpete’s credit card requests were a joke but it didn’t help him.

1 Like