Can we Re-sell Videohive templates?

solocorporation

Here on Fiverr most of selleres use this templates.

What is purpose to buy from Videohive if costumers cannot use it with their costumers?

Can fiverr delele gigs if videohive designers report us?

And if we create same templates own, what will be the solution.

Text from VideoHive:

Q: Can I use an After Effects template to create multiple customized rendered videos for different clients?

A: You would need one license per unique end product and for each different client.

So guys my goal is to fine best answer to this questions, like me many other have to know

what’s happening with this issue.

I actually just attended a webinar on this exact topic.

Here’s what you need to do…

Contact the seller and simply ask… “Hi I love your product and was thinking that in addition to using it myself, that my clients might find it beneficial as well. I see there is an extended license option. Is that what I would need to purchase? If not, is there a fee above that in which I could pay to have resell rights? Thanks!”

… or something like that…

The MAIN GOAL, is to make sure you have them in writing saying "YES, for this price, you can resell this product on your own"

It may be a few hundred dollars or they may just say no. But that’s the process you need to do.

Reply to @solocorporation:

What do you mean by “creating the same project”? You’re infringing the original owner’s copyright if you create the “same” project (without proper licensing).

Or do you mean how you can protect your template if you create one your own? I assume you only use it on Fiverr for creating videos for customers (not giving away the templates). Then you own the After Effect source files. That’s the proof.

Reply to @solocorporation:

What do you mean by creating the same project from the beginning? Can you give me any examples from your gigs? I need some examples to understand what you mean.

If you mean recreating in similar style and technique but with distinct, obvious and large difference, and only use it as an inspiration (NOT copying), that’s fine.

If you mean recreating it in exactly the same manner with very little difference, and others can clearly notice you’re copying, that’s NOT allowed.

Reply to @solocorporation: I will not speak in terms of licensing but creativity. If you can create exact same project by just looking at the preview then you don’t have to sell your work for $5, you worth a lot. If you’re asking this as an excuse to create the video for your gigs and claim that you anyhow created your own version then no.

Videohive does not accept easy to make projects in its marketplace so there is no way in the world anyone would make own version of those templates and then sell them for $5.

Sorry if I sound rude but I am a seller there so I know what it takes.

Thanks

Archived