Can we talk about that terrible alert sound?

adrover

You’ve got Fiverr open on your computer as you’re absorbed in a project. Suddenly, TACK! a message comes in on Fiverr and you nearly jump out of your seat. Is it just me, or does Fiverr have the most abrasive and startling alert sound on desktop?

Although I like the fiverr message/notification sound.The sounds needs to be a little soft.
Occasionally we start to wonder .If you notice the sound very well it has the meaning we might have heard “Tallk” or “Tolnk”. From these sense, i think that is on right way cause fiverr wanted to express by this sound actually "Talk’ ( I think ).

I hate the notification sound, because not being able to change it makes it quickly become irritating - HOWEVER, Fiverr added a new subtle feature: if you’re browsing the web, the Fiverr Tab will now show a small red dot if you have any kind of notifications, which allows us to mute the sound since there’s now a visual cue 🙂

I very much don’t like that sound, and I remember I liked a Site Suggestion post that asked for different sounds… let me see… hm, sounds as if it actually was a complaint about the sound being too subtle lol so they might have remedied that but as the suggestion in fact is for a custom sound, maybe you’d like to bump it yet.

Hi everyone, I’m Adib, Level 1 seller of loving platform fiverr. I feel something about notification sound of fiverr that’s custom sound. sometimes i miss notification for small sound beep, if i can set a custom sound so i can choose a music, tone, sound effect for notification. Can i get this options from loving developer of fiverr??? Notifications.jpg.f93597b9692d3dc9d4fd3cf309370b1e.jpg[ A D V A N C E T H A N K S ]

If you want you can simply turn off only notification sound on certain sites. It is same in computer and smartphones.
In chrome url you will see “secure” with lock sign. when you click this and then setting you will see list of option where you can simply turn on and off what you want.

Sshot.jpeg.413366edbf90b407a80f3e38104aaa6c.jpeg

And Yes, Some people don’t really like these sounds but most people do.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want you can simply turn off only notification sound on certain sites. It is same in computer and smartphones.

In chrome url you will see “secure” with lock sign. when you click this and then setting you will see list of option where you can simply turn on and off what you want.

And Yes, Some people don’t really like these sounds but most people do.

Oh, that’s good to know! The notifications are useful though, even if they startle me. Usually I turn the volume down after the first notification, but I often forget.

I hate the notification sound, because not being able to change it makes it quickly become irritating - HOWEVER, Fiverr added a new subtle feature: if you’re browsing the web, the Fiverr Tab will now show a small red dot if you have any kind of notifications, which allows us to mute the sound since there’s now a visual cue 🙂

Oh, I didn’t notice that. I’ll have to look out for it next time I sign in on my computer.

Although I like the fiverr message/notification sound.The sounds needs to be a little soft.

Occasionally we start to wonder .If you notice the sound very well it has the meaning we might have heard “Tallk” or “Tolnk”. From these sense, i think that is on right way cause fiverr wanted to express by this sound actually "Talk’ ( I think ).

That’s an interesting idea

Guest websiteexpert2

You’ve got Fiverr open on your computer as you’re absorbed in a project. Suddenly, TACK! a message comes in on Fiverr and you nearly jump out of your seat. Is it just me, or does Fiverr have the most abrasive and startling alert sound on desktop?

If you can only know how I’m eagerly waiting for that sound…

I love listening to music when I design and I use headphones. Guess what happens when a message comes. It hits straight into my brain.

Archived