Can we trust a buyer who cancels an order?

Imagine that you delivered a perfect job in your point of view. the buyer saw your deliver, and suddenly says this was not what he or she wanted, cancels the order and gets a refund…end of story and the seller gets nothing. ( As we know how it goes )…

BUT… what if the buyer was actually happy and was happy with the delivery, but at the same time… he or she denies that and cheating the seller, he or she claims its bad and asks for a cancellation + refund ?

As sellers, how can we be 100% sure that a buyer never used a cancelled orders delivery content ?

How can we be sure that we are not cheated buy a cunning buyer ?

As honesty becomes hard to sustain because of frauds and cheapos, what do you sellers think about this theory?

Imagine that you delivered a perfect job in your point of view. the buyer saw your deliver, and suddenly says this was not what he or she wanted, cancels the order and gets a refund…end of story and the seller gets nothing. ( As we know how it goes )…

BUT… what if the buyer was actually happy and was happy with the delivery, but at the same time… he or she denies that and cheating the seller, he or she claims its bad and asks for a cancellation + refund ?

As sellers, how can we be 100% sure that a buyer never used a cancelled orders delivery content ?

As honesty becomes hard to sustain because of frauds and cheapos, what do you sellers think about this theory?

yes of course… it’s insane “oh nevermind that’s not what I was looking for”…

then again, are you showing them drafts before final delivery?

I show progress during order and ask questions to make sure I’m going in the right direction (whenever possible)… hopefully I can evade this trickiness of “that’s not what I wanted”

ultimately if you deliver what was in the buyers requirements they should not be allowed to get refund… buuuut… that’s just not the way it works.

Yes its one of a problem here, you work for hours, give them update, they like it, need some changes, you finish it, and bhamm, the buyer said, no longer needed/ not good enough, and cancel it,

Instead fighting and wasting energy, before I was just accept cancelation and move on,

but now with system affect every cancelation/refund, it became hard for us Seller to just accept it,

Yes its one of a problem here, you work for hours, give them update, they like it, need some changes, you finish it, and bhamm, the buyer said, no longer needed/ not good enough, and cancel it,

Instead fighting and wasting energy, before I was just accept cancelation and move on,

but now with system affect every cancelation/refund, it became hard for us Seller to just accept it,

If you did the work, there is no reason to even consider a refund, especially since Fiverr specifically states in their TOS (which you read, right? 😉 ) that orders are not eligible for refunds based upon seller preference, if the work was created according to the seller’s gig description. You have complete control over cancellation requests. Don’t let any buyers force you to give them your work for free.

If you did the work, there is no reason to even consider a refund, especially since Fiverr specifically states in their TOS (which you read, right? 😉 ) that orders are not eligible for refunds based upon seller preference, if the work was created according to the seller’s gig description. You have complete control over cancellation requests. Don’t let any buyers force you to give them your work for free.

With all due respect is baloney. Fiverr now largely sides with buyers should they want to cancel. Hit the reject button on a cancellation twice and sellers and buyers are advised to contact CS. As soon as that happens, an order is cancelled.

If you are dealing with videos you should embedded an watermark, audio and video as well. If everything is okay with them after sending the revisions or whatever else you do to the video, only then send them the video without watermark… Anyway, this watermark feature should be implemented by fiverr, the same way they do with images.

Don’t let any buyers force you to give them your work for free.

You’d think that, but once I got an order directly canceled by the staff after I refused the cancel request from the client. So yeah, that can happen to, moreover you don’t even get an explanation from CS.

Yes Jonbass, I knew I should give for free no matter what, but if the buyer reach CS, then its just cancel, nothing we can do, its all robotic response, even we do the work 100% according to their instruction, etc etc

This kind if buyer makes me afraid if I accept some new fishy buyer,

just wish this kind “buyer” cancellation never affect stat at all

With all due respect is baloney. Fiverr now largely sides with buyers should they want to cancel. Hit the reject button on a cancellation twice and sellers and buyers are advised to contact CS. As soon as that happens, an order is cancelled.

This is true -

Here’s a recent response I received from CS in that regard:

Cancellations.JPG.cbd8c99ff2bd58562a956441f6d20900.JPG

It’s here where we jump onto the never ending merry-go-round… and even after negotiating, revising etc etc… if the buyer isn’t happy, and asks for a cancellation - IF we refuse - they contact CS, who will cancel for them (because they can’t force a buyer to accept delivery). I have had this happen a few times.

That policy is in print, but not enforced, unfortunately…

Yes Jonbass, I knew I should give for free no matter what, but if the buyer reach CS, then its just cancel, nothing we can do, its all robotic response, even we do the work 100% according to their instruction, etc etc

This kind if buyer makes me afraid if I accept some new fishy buyer,

just wish this kind “buyer” cancellation never affect stat at all

but if the buyer reach CS, then its just cancel, nothing we can do, its all robotic response,

CS appears to have the new policy that they will not cancel orders upon request. They want buyers and sellers to solve their problems – without CS interference. Just because a buyer might go to CS with their frustration, does not mean that CS will just cancel the order. That’s not how it works anymore.

but if the buyer reach CS, then its just cancel, nothing we can do, its all robotic response,

CS appears to have the new policy that they will not cancel orders upon request. They want buyers and sellers to solve their problems – without CS interference. Just because a buyer might go to CS with their frustration, does not mean that CS will just cancel the order. That’s not how it works anymore.

Just because a buyer might go to CS with their frustration, does not mean that CS will just cancel the order.

That has been my experience with CS. They cancel orders even though:

Fiverr specifically states in their TOS that orders are not eligible for refunds based upon seller preference if the work was created according to the seller’s gig description.

I have fought the “I will not cancel battle.” but CS seems to side with the buyer each time. With some buyers there is no working it out.

Just because a buyer might go to CS with their frustration, does not mean that CS will just cancel the order.

That has been my experience with CS. They cancel orders even though:

Fiverr specifically states in their TOS that orders are not eligible for refunds based upon seller preference if the work was created according to the seller’s gig description.

I have fought the “I will not cancel battle.” but CS seems to side with the buyer each time. With some buyers there is no working it out.

Too bad. Yeah, that has been the impression that I have been getting through reading around the forums. I’m glad to be here, but this CS practice has been causing me quite a bit of anxiety. If that’s the way that it is, and it really seems so, then there’s nothing to do but work through the anxiety, if I want to stay here.

Luckily, those few who canceled orders after completion never came back because I made it obvious that I would not work with them again. I also blocked them on the messaging system (which I hear is not a perma-block 😥)

thats one way to do it. and how come blocking them is not a permablock?

I don’t know if someone already said this on this thread (too long to read all and I have almost zero free time in my life right now), but remember that if a buyer cancels an order, he/she WON’T have the rights of the work delivered (arts, content, translation, code…) so you can effectively demand a compensation in court.

This is true -

Here’s a recent response I received from CS in that regard:

It’s here where we jump onto the never ending merry-go-round… and even after negotiating, revising etc etc… if the buyer isn’t happy, and asks for a cancellation - IF we refuse - they contact CS, who will cancel for them (because they can’t force a buyer to accept delivery). I have had this happen a few times.

That policy is in print, but not enforced, unfortunately…

Wait a minute I had to clean my specs 👓 to read the screenie a second time.

I do understand your frustration but we can’t force the buyer to provide the requirement if they do not want to. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Say what?! 😯 moment.

Are your requirement boxes marked as mandatory? “Some” Buyers and I use that term loosely like to type gibberish, even when these boxes are checked.

Any updates? Cancelled or a sitting 🦆 duck?

I do understand your frustration but we can’t force the buyer to provide the requirement if they do not want to. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Say what?! 😯 moment.

Are your requirement boxes marked as mandatory? “Some” Buyers and I use that term loosely like to type gibberish, even when these boxes are checked.

Any updates? Cancelled or a sitting 🦆 duck?

yeah, this does kind of makes you feel floating around without any clue.CS cant force buyers to do anything. But can they force the sellers ? There shoudnt be any kind of forcing into a decision/. it should be an biased confirmation of how the deal would ideally balance between a buyer and a seller. fifty/fifty.

I have faced many incidents like this through out 2013 in fiverr.

Bottom line . . if a buyer knows how fiverr works, they might try to cheat you up. If they doesnt know how fiverr works, they might mess your orders up. And finally, if you dont know your buyer, you end up wasting your time and skills as well.

yeah, this does kind of makes you feel floating around without any clue.CS cant force buyers to do anything. But can they force the sellers ? There shoudnt be any kind of forcing into a decision/. it should be an biased confirmation of how the deal would ideally balance between a buyer and a seller. fifty/fifty.

I have faced many incidents like this through out 2013 in fiverr.

Bottom line . . if a buyer knows how fiverr works, they might try to cheat you up. If they doesnt know how fiverr works, they might mess your orders up. And finally, if you dont know your buyer, you end up wasting your time and skills as well.

yeah, this does kind of makes you feel floating around without any clue.CS cant force buyers to do anything. But can they force the sellers ?

Definitely mind-boggling! 🤯

My gripe is that we must maintain perfect stats to keep our lvl badges. Sellers literally have ZERO room for errors. So, Buyers not submitting the requirements because they chose not to and CS can’t force them is laughable. It’s a two-way street here!

Ugh more headache! 🤕

yeah, this does kind of makes you feel floating around without any clue.CS cant force buyers to do anything. But can they force the sellers ?

Definitely mind-boggling! 🤯

My gripe is that we must maintain perfect stats to keep our lvl badges. Sellers literally have ZERO room for errors. So, Buyers not submitting the requirements because they chose not to and CS can’t force them is laughable. It’s a two-way street here!

Ugh more headache! 🤕

yep. as a creative 3D artist, long time ago i had 100% freedom on things i did. with my team. But after the monthly evaluation + all the stats having need to be green . . . now we have to give up most of that creative freedom and keep our eyes on those green lines.

After all, we are sellers and this is what we get. But i feel that this system has us kind of made us feel like this is a virtual corporate office. Im hoping that they would not introduce a digital in and out system for work. lol.

😃

Say what?! 😯 moment.

Any updates? Cancelled or a sitting 🦆

And what’s worse is with the latest updates - where with a new order, you need to tell the buyer " I have Everything I need - OR, you need more info to begin the order … using the “There’s Something Missing” option, STARTS the order!..😑

It would make more sense if the order didn’t start, if we selected “There’s Something Missing”, so we could get what is missing FIRST… 👀

Needless to say, that was what happened with the buyer I was referring to in my CS screen shot. Subsequently as a result… 2 awesome things happened!

1. My order competition rate was affected badly
  2. This order was “late” because it took CS a while to respond, and by that time it was past due

Sitting duck and cancelled. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

What I find annoying is that with a stubborn buyer like that, I have to waste my time, trying to negotiate, or… in this case, just get them to submit requirements, which may ultimately take away from the quality of my other orders, as I am frustrated, in a frenzy and worried about how – not dealing with it – will affect my analytics…😕

I could be doing far better, more productive - things with my time, than that.

That’s giving an ignorant person (who likely was never planning on cooperating) too much power and too much of my “working” time, for free! Time is money … IMO 😠!

Here’s an example of the - Something Missing - Order Started - farce.

💡Problem solved, I’ll use the resolution center and ask for a 1 day extension from now on - to avoid a intentional late or completion issue - that way the order won’t start.

1768779978_Orderstarted.JPG.da85bea5a0e2c4987c540808be66e188.JPG

yep. as a creative 3D artist, long time ago i had 100% freedom on things i did. with my team. But after the monthly evaluation + all the stats having need to be green . . . now we have to give up most of that creative freedom and keep our eyes on those green lines.

After all, we are sellers and this is what we get. But i feel that this system has us kind of made us feel like this is a virtual corporate office. Im hoping that they would not introduce a digital in and out system for work. lol.

😃

Exactly what I thought last couple months, instead working with “freelance” and give some amount to fiverr as the owner of this place, now I feel scared that i can be kicked sometimes, Fiverr 15th deadline is more scary than Client deadline now

Guest offlinehelpers

I don’t know if someone already said this on this thread (too long to read all and I have almost zero free time in my life right now), but remember that if a buyer cancels an order, he/she WON’T have the rights of the work delivered (arts, content, translation, code…) so you can effectively demand a compensation in court.

so you can effectively demand a compensation in court.

Which court? One where I live, one where the buyer lives, one where Fiverr is based?

I can see it’s a reasonable suggestion, but 99.99% of sellers are not going to go down the legal route for effectively what may be a few dollars, or indeed a larger sum. Once legal fees (and travel costs?) were paid, it simply wouldn’t be worth it.

Exactly what I thought last couple months, instead working with “freelance” and give some amount to fiverr as the owner of this place, now I feel scared that i can be kicked sometimes, Fiverr 15th deadline is more scary than Client deadline now

@irkurniadi

totally! theres this never ending tension regarding if i would 'mistakenly ’ do a TOS violation or any kind of thing that would get me kicked out. there was no major issue back since 2013 towards 2016…

Archived