Can we use a racy title to draw people in?

tammyaudette

I don’t want to violate the terms and conditions, but can we use creative / racy titles to grab attention and stand out? For Example, if I had the title “I will show you the best LEG in 24 hours”, but LEG is an acronym for a Link Evaluation Guide (lame example, I know), does this violate the terms?

*edited because the word Sex offended, apparently

Hm I don’t know if it violates the terms but I think it’s a good idea actually. I mean I’ve seen many gigs on Fiverr advertising actual explicit content (erotic stories and fetish pictures?) so I feel like putting a word in your title like LEG is engaging and interesting.

While it may be cute, or punny… I wouldn’t run the risk. If this was your business and your site, then yes I would say “Go for it!” but you have to keep in mind Fiverr’s has policies that Sellers also need to abide by. It will cause a lot of headaches I’m sure. If theirs a chance a buyer can manipulate something into their own favor, free work, etc. they will try and do it.

Fiverr’s Markplace Policy for example:

Sellers: "You may want to take in to consideration what a Buyer looks at when they see your Gig. The best way to get helpful tips on creating a Gig can be found on our Community forum: http://forum.fiverr.com/categories/tips-for-sellers . Common issues that are brought up by buyers is the clarity of a Gig’s description. Effectively communicating what you offer through your Gig is a key factor for having less issues. Include a Gig video, include specifications, include very simple but detailed instructions. Don’t overcomplicate your Gig to the point that a buyer may result in frustration for going through the order process."

But, you need to be sure you have your own policy in place that ensure you don’t have negative marks, or angry buyers. Use Fiverr’s Buyers policy if you need to. It’s in on the support page.

You will be surprised how many people think you mean something by using a single word and think your Gig is for something total different or allows something else you’re not actually advertising.

Reply to @thepromogirl:

Thanks very much. Your post was very helpful and you make some excellent points.

I don’t want to cause myself or Fiverr any unnecessary grief, that’s for sure. But at the same time I need to find something to stand out.

I’m reading a lot of useful posts on here, including yours. I’ll continue reading and learning to come up with something that will help me get noticed, without causing mutual frustration. There are a lot of great tips, and a lot more to read through,

Tam 🙂

Archived